Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aloha everybody.

The February Half term is coming up, and I plan to make the most of it by going over to this large field next to my friend's house and practicing for about 4 hours every day. Now, I am really keen for this but I know sometimes my will-power and determination completely abandons me, sooo....

I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions for any routines, drills, tricks, anything to do that will help my training and also give a bit of variety to keep me going. Many thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Bretty101
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd offer the following advice.

1. get a friend who is as motivated as you. You can get competitive and motivate each other. Or make a bet with a friend that you will achieve something before he does. ie splits or something. Stay competitive and keep it fun.

2. Draw up a realistic plan/routine and stick to it, remember to include rest days and variety.

3. 4 hours every day seems like a bit much. I'd stick to 1-2 hour routines rather then 4 hour. That way it's intense, you won't get bored and you'll probabley get more benefit.

Good luck mate and stick at it!

Bretty

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta for the advice Bretty. My current plan was for every other day to be Intensive for about 2 hours, with the others being 4 hours pretty Non-Intensive

Good thing the friend that lives next to the field studies Jiu Jutsu but he's not really as motivated as I am, but I'm sure he'd be up for practicing a few times in that week.

Thanks for the advice though, I'll take it to heart

Anyone else?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind, Kickchick has PM'd me with a website that has a whole load of drills.

http://www.4kicks.com/ incase you were interested.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: