Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Radok
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Okinawan Shorin-ryu Karate-do

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take Karate and have found that I have the luck of unbeleivably hard shins.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

Karateka_latino
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Goju-Ryu Karate do; Kung Fu.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi..
Sure go and do kickboxing.. you'll get in shape and you'll learn all the moves and get stronger..

dafabe
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do Thai Boxing and I have found that the reson that people hurt there shins is cos they try and build them up to quickly, I also had really weak shins, but after 5 weeks i already feel a difrance, the best thing to do is kick a heavy bag as hard as you can with out it hurting, and gradually build it up, this is really enjoyable and it feels great when you kick the bag quite hard.

- Dave

zulu
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i understand your concern regarding your shins but they are actually a very strong bone, alot stronger than those little bones in your foot you'll break when kick someone with full power. If you properly condition your body and legs including shins you shouldn't have any difficulty unless you have a pre-existing medical condition that may weaken your bones. When i started Muay Thai my shins bruised and were sore fro about the first week or two but after that i kick the pole bags at full speed and it feels better the harder i kick. I also think it's a very realistic fighting style and functional with the low kicks they're awesome. with your bigger frame your reach will be good and when you grapple which will happen in any street fight unless you knock him out you got long legs to generate great power from a knee strike which will send him down fast.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: