Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Karate Champ Arcade1Up Cabinent Reply with quote

Hey all,

Arcade1Up makes budget, officially-licensed 3/4 size arcade cabinets. We have a Rampage one, and I love it.

Anyway, they announced recently that later this year they'll be releasing a Karate Champ cabinet that will also include BurgerTime, Caveman Ninja and Bad Dudes, and I'm definitely thinking that I want it.

https://arcade1up.com/products/karate-champ

I kind of wish they had styled the cabinet itself as Bad Dudes, just because that game is so goofy, but Karate Champ is better for this group, obviously. They haven't announced a price yet, but the previous ones retailed at $299, so maybe around there.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the arcade cabinets are pretty cool. Growing up in the 80s and 90s, that was where it was at. I played Karate Champ a ton of times at my city rec center. No quarters needed!

The game’s controls definitely aren’t easy. Two joysticks I believe instead of a single joystick and buttons. The controls frustrated us to no end. I think what could’ve been a legendary game was stifled because of the difficult controls. The basic premise and what was going on on-screen were really ahead of its time.

And it’s pretty easily found for the original NES. About $5 for the cartridge. I play it every now and then. I still get aggravated Not on the NES Classic Mini though.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This unit is now up for pre-order, though the artwork has been changed to Burger Time (which I think is actually an improvement, but that's just me): https://arcade1up.com/products/burger-time-arcade-machine
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember playing Bad Dudes in the arcade, and I loved it! Poured tons of quarters into that one! Those old co-op fighters are near and dear to my heart...

Fat Cobra
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Ryukyu Kempo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad Dudes is great!!!!

Gotta save Ronnie Reagan from the ninjas!!!!

I have it on an old school arcade machine I bought from Walmart on sale for $25. It has a lot of other games on it too, though it is not the stand-up arcade replica mentioned above.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad Dudes is a hilarious game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: