Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:52 am    Post subject: KarateForums.com Turns 22 and a Half Years Old! Reply with quote

November 21st will mark the celebration of KarateForums.com’s Half-Birthday. On this occasion, Patrick invites a member of our staff to address the community.

It was on May 21, 2001, that KarateForums.com braved the unknown as it took to the internet airwaves. On launch day, Patrick welcomed the interested as well as curious masses to partake in a journey of communications. The one thing that I’ve noticed ever since I became a KF member way back in February 2008 is that there’s always been that one undeniable constant that can never be negotiated: Communication.

Communication is greatly encouraged by all its members, no matter the status held within KarateForums.com, to reach out to one another by communicating.

This communication can be found in every nook-and-cranny of KF. Communication helps to lessen anxiety about any topics or guidelines. Communication between members can build stronger relationships, which allows any desired information to get out much faster and accurately.

Communication is very important to KarateForums.com because it acts as a base for any action. When KF undertook the daunting task of reorganizing all threads, communication made planning far much easier. Wherever you search the community, it’s easy to see that communication has taken the front seat in reaching an answer.

Communication at KF boosts morale and motivation. Communication allowed me the opportunity to become part of the staff, something that I value and cherish. I never take that responsibility lightly.

In closing, no matter where you are on KarateForums.com, the value of communication is evident. One of the most important aspects of communication, which is on display in this community, is listening. Without successful listening, there’s no communication whatsoever. Listening to the members isn’t a passé thing here: It’s everything. Good communication requires listening intently and carefully, which is what we do every single day.

Happy Half-Birthday, KarateForums.com!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well said, Bob. I've always found that communication came easy here at KF. Everyone was always open and forward, yet respectful, and even new members are able to speak comfortably and openly with veteran members. This is the hallmark of KF.

Happy Half-Birthday, KF!

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this very existential address, Bob. I appreciate it.

Sorry for the delay... I was celebrating my birthday on November 21 and had some family/Thanksgiving-related travel.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: