Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Patrick wrote:
Hey Bob,

sensei8 wrote:
How much does it cost in USD? Thanks!

It's about $234 for two trackers and everything you need to use them.

Oh ok, that seems quite reasonable. Might have to give it a try; many of my Student Body might enjoy this one way or another. Thank you, Patrick.

If you want to trial might be worth getting in contact with them. I got sent 8 trackers for free to test for 2 months. Then if we want to keep them we can sign up to a 12 month contract. On the club subscription I get to access all the students' data plus I can set up training programs in the class though I've not yet been able to trial that due to COVID. Apparently I can stream a live score board of sorts to a big screen so students can see how they perform in real-time.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DWx wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
Patrick wrote:
Hey Bob,

sensei8 wrote:
How much does it cost in USD? Thanks!

It's about $234 for two trackers and everything you need to use them.

Oh ok, that seems quite reasonable. Might have to give it a try; many of my Student Body might enjoy this one way or another. Thank you, Patrick.

If you want to trial might be worth getting in contact with them. I got sent 8 trackers for free to test for 2 months. Then if we want to keep them we can sign up to a 12 month contract. On the club subscription I get to access all the students' data plus I can set up training programs in the class though I've not yet been able to trial that due to COVID. Apparently I can stream a live score board of sorts to a big screen so students can see how they perform in real-time.

That's a great idea, and that's what I'll do. Thank you, Danielle!!

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
DWx wrote:
bushido_man96 wrote:
That is very interesting. I'd be interested in seeing data on my kicks, for sure. Are you drilling with it regularly?

Used it once then I broke my hanging bag bracket they only record a kick when they sense an impact so you need to kick a bag or pads. They were created for WT Taekwondo so they have also been using them in sparring with the hogu as that will record the impact. I'd like to try them in sparring where I think it would be more useful but as we use foot pads rather than hogu I'm not sure how that will interfere with the sensor. As an adult they seem to work fine but I don't know whether the kids can kick hard enough to get a reading on the sensor (some of my rubbish kicks weren't registering).

I would be interested to see how it works hooked up to hogu and doing some sparring. In our classes, even with the pads, we have pretty moderate contact, not really drilling each other, so I'd be interested to see what it would take to register impact.

So I gave one set to two of my kids, one 7 and the other 9. They seem to be able to get it to register impact on a hanging bag even though I know they won't be kicking very hard. Having said that, several of us seem to have trouble getting it to register side or back kicks. Roundhouses and spinning heel kicks are fine but it really doesn't like mine or my sister's side kicks or back kicks. I wonder if it's a stylistic thing as it was developed by a WT guy and mapped onto their kicks. It won't record a bad kick so I'm wondering if it's traveling differently.

Overall it does seem to be quite good. There are some improvements I'd like to see mostly on the app side. Specifically it doesn't remember historic training data, only your last sessions can be seen in detail. It would be nice to see how kick speed is improving over time for instance.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing all that information, Danielle. I might have to bring it up to the CI, and let him mull it over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: