Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

serm0l
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:22 pm    Post subject: kyokushin Reply with quote

I'll start high school when im 16 and im 14 now. And i'll go to a highschool in a city like 1,5 hours away from it. In that town it has kyokushin karate. I will start training it but i want to do home karate what can i do basics?

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about practicing at home after you start the classes, or trying to do so before you start the classes?

If you are looking to start training yourself at home, you can sure try to do so, but it will be difficult with no experience and no instructors. But not impossible. There are plenty of resources on youtube you could search out for learning basic techniques, stances, kicks, blocks, punches, etc. The key would be to really pay attention, start slow, and it would be handy to have the means to video yourself and watch it, and then compare what you do with your resources, to see what you need to fix and do differently.

Best of luck in your endeavors!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feedback from an experienced instructor is vitally important across the board. Without proper feedback, bad muscle memories set in, and once set in, it can be very difficult to correct. In short, how is one to know if one's doing something wrong and the like without proper feedback?!

Train at home all you can, after all, correct practice is everything...and crucial for any noted improvements in ones own MA journey.

Train hard and train well.

Capella
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Kyokushin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but the best thing you can do as long as you don't have a teacher is to build up your strength, stamina and flexibility. Trust me, once you start with Kyokushin, you will be happy for every bit of work you put into that.

If yuu do have a Muay Thai gym in the city where you live now, and you can afford it, taking some Muay Thai lessons would be a great thing, too. It is probably the one non-karate martial art that comes closes to Kyokushin as far as fighting style and technique is concerned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: