Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject: MA Training Isn't Always Peaches And Cream!! Reply with quote

Describe Your MA Hell Week!!

First of all, I DO NOT, in any shape, way, and/or form, compare our MA training with any military training whatsoever, especially Navy SEALs. I, of course, want to approach this with the utmost respect for every women and man that has, and is, and will be serving in the military, whether that person be from the USA or not; THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!

In the US Navy SEALs, they endure over 2 years of training before they are ever deployed. In that, they are expertly trained to deliver highly specialized, intensely challenging warfare capabilities that are beyond the means of standard military forces. (1)

Then there's Hell Week!!

How the Navy SEALs Work. The fourth week of Basic Conditioning is known as Hell Week. This is when students train for five days and five nights solid with a maximum total of four hours of sleep. Hell Week begins at sundown on Sunday and ends at the end of Friday. (2)

What we endure during our MA training isn't a cake walk, and many times, we wanted to ring that bell to signal that we no longer want to endure anymore. Our instructor(s) push us to our limits and beyond for a purpose. As my Dai-Soke always barked to us without ceasing....SHUGYO...suck it up...7 times down, 8 times up!! Either that means something to us, as MAists, or we just paint over that mindset for good.

We endure the bumps and bruises and God only know what else during our long MA journey; it's worth it all!!

Can you please describe a MA Hell Week that you might've endured?!?

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those weeks I did of Krav Maga were pretty brutal. I'd spend the whole week sore and beat up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: