Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Karate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:43 pm    Post subject: Micro workouts Reply with quote

I'm just learning about these mico-workouts. Anyone have experience with these? How effective are they? You do a high intensity workout for a short amount of time, usually 20 minutes or less, sometimes just five minutes, and it supposed to help with weight loss.

Any thoughts?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micro-workouts are great, at least they've been great for me for many decades. A quick Kata over and over or a quick jog or a quick swim or a quick weight series or banging on a hanging bag...a quick session with battle ropes or a quick bike ride...SOMETHING...ANYTHING...is better than nothing. I believe that everyone has at least 5-20 minutes to spare in their busy day.

The 5 to 20 minute micro-workouts are ideal lengths of time considering my usual workout use to be hours long, 3-4 hours long, not so much now. My micro workouts are now my usual workouts due to physical limitations brought on by a medical concerns nowadays.

How effective are they? If done seriously, and not in a haphazardously manner, they can be very effective across the board, especially for owns core. There's that idiom that says...Nothing ventured, nothing gained. That speaks in volumes to me.

Remember. one of the key things to weight loss is getting the heart rate up, and a micro-workout can be very effective as well as beneficial in ones weight loss program. Just make sure that a healthy diet is an active one.

Good luck with your micro-workouts journey.

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely have done some Tabata-style workouts if that qualifies. Anecdotally, I find them helpful. I use a site called Fitness Blender to find routines.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
Definitely have done some Tabata-style workouts if that qualifies. Anecdotally, I find them helpful. I use a site called Fitness Blender to find routines.

Patrick, I'd say that Tabata-style workouts definitely qualifies.

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:

I will check it out. Thanks.

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything where you get your HR up or forces you to utilise your lungs where you get a bit of a puff out is always fantastic. No matter the duration.

Even though the recommendation is 30 mins a day for "Apparently" Healthy people. Time for people is often an excuse where they go "I don't have 30 mins to work out"

But 5 Minutes x 6 times a day is easier, and I tell clients that too. If your stuck on something at work; go for a walk, do a few push ups (be mindful of others obviously) and do what is appropriate for your surroundings.

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nidan Melbourne wrote:
Anything where you get your HR up or forces you to utilise your lungs where you get a bit of a puff out is always fantastic. No matter the duration.

Even though the recommendation is 30 mins a day for "Apparently" Healthy people. Time for people is often an excuse where they go "I don't have 30 mins to work out"

But 5 Minutes x 6 times a day is easier, and I tell clients that too. If your stuck on something at work; go for a walk, do a few push ups (be mindful of others obviously) and do what is appropriate for your surroundings.

Agreed. I've noticed that I feel better after a micro workout. As much as I dislike going to the gym, when I am done working out I almost always feel happy that I did. A great workout can have huge emotional benefits. Honestly, sometimes just going outside to walk for a half hour can be a mood lifter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: