Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Pacquiao Defeats De La Hoya Reply with quote

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3751115

Quote:
The end for Oscar De La Hoya on this night came as he sat in the corner after the eighth round, his left eye swollen shut and his face bruised by punches Manny Pacquiao seemed able to land almost at will.

The decision to call it a night was easy. The decision to call it a career may be a lot tougher.

"My heart still wants to fight, that's for sure," De La Hoya said. "But when your physical doesn't respond, what can you do? I have to be smart and make sure I think about my future plans."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

joesteph
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story's well-written, telling it like it is, but the statistics chart is more of a shocker. One line of it for "Power Punch Stats" has De Le Hoya landing 51, but his opponent, Pacquiao, landing 195.

And he went eight rounds!

Tiger1962
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Former SBD; interest in all training styles.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Pacquiao Defeats De La Hoya Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3751115

Quote:
The end for Oscar De La Hoya on this night came as he sat in the corner after the eighth round, his left eye swollen shut and his face bruised by punches Manny Pacquiao seemed able to land almost at will.

The decision to call it a night was easy. The decision to call it a career may be a lot tougher.

"My heart still wants to fight, that's for sure," De La Hoya said. "But when your physical doesn't respond, what can you do? I have to be smart and make sure I think about my future plans."

We saw the fight last night and after the second round I knew that De La Hoya wasn't going to win this one. I thought he just didn't appear to be as strong as he used to be. That was over fast though !

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pacquiao was really something else. He pretty much outclassed De La Hoya. I like Oscar, but this kid was solid.

Sengra
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Fencing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw in one interview, one of manny's idol is Bruce Lee, and he said he got tips watching him...interesting. What can you guys say about this?

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He probably figured from Bruce that being fast is good....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: