Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Peaceful Warrior Aspects Reply with quote

Are you a peaceful warrior?

What does a peaceful warrior do differently than other warriors?

I believe a peaceful warrior uses violence as a last resort in problem solving.

To be a peaceful warrior, it takes a deep understanding of the causes of conflict and rivalry in all its forms.

Understanding harmony and conflict in nature and its interactions, is another aspect that needs to be taken in to consideration, as what is considered good or evil in human standards, could just be due to the nature of things behaving as they should.

All aspects of communication is another area that needs to be understood in averting danger due to communicating appropriately in all situations.

What do you consider important aspects to be a peaceful warrior?

Spartacus Maximus
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin ryu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peacefulness is meaningless if it is not a matter of choice supported by strength physical and moral. Both of these qualities can be forged through training and both are of great importance in making one useful and dependable to one's house, community and nation.

There is a saying in Okinawan karate. It says to first train to defend yourself. When you get better train to defend your family; then your community and when you get better still, you must do it for your country. This means that the more one improves the more one's skills ought to benefit others.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartacus Maximus wrote:
Peacefulness is meaningless if it is not a matter of choice supported by strength physical and moral. Both of these qualities can be forged through training and both are of great importance in making one useful and dependable to one's house, community and nation.

There is a saying in Okinawan karate. It says to first train to defend yourself. When you get better train to defend your family; then your community and when you get better still, you must do it for your country. This means that the more one improves the more one's skills ought to benefit others.
Peacefulness is never meaningless.

Unnecessary violence is meaningless.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a peaceful warrior is one who is good at war, but prefers peace, but also understands when its necessary, there is total conviction to resolving the conflict, by whatever means necessary.

LLLEARNER
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
I think a peaceful warrior is one who is good at war, but prefers peace, but also understands when its necessary, there is total conviction to resolving the conflict, by whatever means necessary.

I agree

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can take the karate kid out of the dojo but you can't take the dojo out of the kid.

Growing up in a not very nice neighborhood, when walking down the high street, if you didn't move out of the way of someone walking towards you, you would be bumped and most likely a fight would break out.

Some 45/50 years later, I still move out of the way of anyone by yielding.

Having done this yielding, avoiding on coming people (as not to collide with them) shows courtesy and respect; as accidents can happen and mindfulness isn't practiced as much as it should be by most.

It is also a part of the Chinese martial art style named Bagua. A martial art style popular with waiters, as slipping past people, is a requirement for their job.

I look at it as a peaceful warrior practice, by moving out of the way of things that can cause harm is easier and better than taking the force, head on; unless I choose not to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: