Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

alanseijas
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Isshinryu, Shorinryu, Fut Sao

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranks are so over-rated, anyway. If you're good, people will know it. You don't need a fancy belt with lots of stripes to prove your techniques are sound and practiced.

Turn yourself into a 10th Dan.... Go to Japan with that rank, and see what happens to you.
The patch or crest worn by Isshinryu karateka often raises admiration and curiosity. The patch is based on a day dream Tatsuo Shimabuku had in the fifties while he was creating his karate style. This dream was the missing piece in the puzzle called Isshinryu. The patch is often incorrectly called Mizu Gami, which means 'water goddess'. Originally the Isshinryu emblem was called 'Isshinryu No Megami', which means 'Goddess of Isshinryu'. The goddess is the Goddess of Isshinryu karate and not the goddess of water.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloudDragon, I think you are reading more into this than what there is. You say someone promotes themselves for business purposes. I think someone would promote themselves to tenth dan becase it makes them feel superior, and others will treat you that way.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: