Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Mink
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Kyokushin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reasons why you became a instructor. Reply with quote

For what reasons did you become a martial arts instructor.?

and are you still under the organization that you came from or did you found your own style?

for what reasons politic or non political did you decide to found your own style.?

Dont be Bias in styles for we are all Practitioners of Martial Arts!

MichiganTKD
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Chung Do Kwan Tae Kwon Do

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was asked to by our President. The Instructor of the class I now teach was having a hard time juggling work and teaching. I was attending college at the time, and would teach after school. I still drive 40 miles each way to teach the class. I ended up taking over the class and he teaches elsewhere now. We are both same organization. I can't imagine leaving to found my own style. My ego isn't that big

Toast
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do: Olympic/ Open Styles; Ju- Jitsu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Martial Arts Careers started off bumpy...took a few classes at a school gym and d it. 3 yrs later I came to my current school, as a fat, unatheletic kid...

I was interested in Martial Arts and tried my hardest till Brown Senior belt, where I became disgusted, however I wasnt allowed to quit, and was pushed on...

I attended the Olympic State Qualifier and made it, thats where change occured I realized I had the gift and I am developing it...That change happened through years of being yelled at and pushed...Brown Sr. for almost 2 yrs...whoa

Then after they were sure, I had changed and became dedicated, I was told to teach, help kids push on and on...and now...I teach...help those kids, who arent interested nemore, and pump them up again...
Jr. Olympian | Team USA Qualifier
"Train Like A Champion, Fight Like A Warrior"

equaninimus
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Seibukan, Shotokan, Wado Ryu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toast, where are you in Maryland? I trained with the TKD club at UMBC.

Shorinryu Sensei
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorinryu Matsumura Kenpo (Seito/Orthodox) Karate and Kobudo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Reasons why you became a instructor. Reply with quote

Mink wrote:
For what reasons did you become a martial arts instructor.?
Well, way back in 1980, my sensei quit his job and packed up his family with 2 weeks notice, and moved from Montana to Minnesota. We, his students, were DEVASTATED!!! Patrick was his senior student, and the obvious choice to take over the class, but Patrick had no interest in teaching. He was a 2nd Dan. Sooooo...I, as a 1st Dan, took over the class, and have been teaching ever since.

Quote:
and are you still under the organization that you came from or did you found your own style?
I'm still practicing the same system as taught by the late OSensei Yuichi Kuda of Okinawa. The organization has come and gone in several variations and disputes, and the one I'm in currently..for about a year now..is small, but seems OK.

Quote:
for what reasons politic or non political did you decide to found your own style.?
Even after 29+ years in this one system, I don't think I know enough to found my own system, and to be honest, I have little respect for those that do. I've seen a number of systems that have been started by low ranking black belts (or not even that high), and they have never impressed me.[/b]

karatekid1975
KF VIP

Styles: Tang Soo Do/TKD/jujitsu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an assistant instructor. I was asked by my instructor to help teach. He needed an adult to fill an openning he had. I teach under him, but I plain on continuing with teaching, and (after reaching, at least, 4th dan) openning my own dojang.

I'm not with my original style (because I moved). But hopefully, someday, I'll get back into it.

Pacificshore
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Chinese Kenpo/Kara-Ho Kempo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I teach because I still enjoy it, and I still enjoy learning. Am I with the same organization? Yes, I am. As for finding my own system, don't have too. Already have too many things to learn in my current system, and not enough time to learn it all

granmasterchen
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i teach because i like to see people learning something that is useful in life in one form or another, i like to see them grow, and when i teach i also get to learn from my students as well

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I could keep training. LOL our club closed.

pineapple
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Kajukenbo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I teach because training in the martial arts has helped me to overcome
so many difficulties in my life and I what others to experience how martial arts can help them in facing hardships in their life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: