Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Sibylla
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Kickboxing, FMA, MMA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can relate to what Sauzin is saying; my instructor is very good in his art, and that is important to me. And I don't want to quit, I want to cope..

As for talking to him out of class...if I find the right opportunity and setting, maybe...I'll have to cover it up in some flattering egomassage, I suppose.

Darce
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Shukokai Karate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, one of my trainers is excactly the same kind of *. He´s fat, violent and screams a lot. Luckily he doesn´t train us very often, only like once a month or something. I hated him at first sight.

sindian
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought one of my instructors was a total * when he first started teaching classes at our do-jang. Everyone, for the most part, hated him. He was actually a pretty nice guy when you got to know him. He just demanded a lot from his students. He didn't have much patience for kids who didn't give their all. He was very serious about his art. He didn't want to waste time on students who weren't. I respect him for that. He's definitely one of the best instructors I've had. Since he demanded more than other instructors, I had to step up my game to meet his expectations.

Sasori_Te
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Kempo and Kobudo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe any ego massage is required. Just be straight and to the point. The old adage "Honesty is the best policy" works well here. Tell him your concerns and see what he has to say. Good luck.

Goju1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: IOGKF Goju Ryu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that if you are in a good style with a good instructor, just stick with it, it'll be worth it. Otherwise, get out and find both of the above. Some of the more traditional styles still teach traditionally so maybe this is it? Anyway, old style karate is the real thing and people that want modern touchy feely stuff should look elsewhere (IMHO)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: