Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: School logos and colors Reply with quote

Do your school have a logo / school colours?

If so, do they symbolize something? how did you decide on them?

singularity6
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Jidokwan Taekwondo and Hapkido, Yoshokai Aikido, ZNIR Iaido, Kendo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We wear a patch that looks similar to my avatar (except it's all red.) Our master instructor is quite the artist, and he's developed a neat image to be embroidered on the back of jackets and uniforms, if folks want it, but it's expensive to have done. My wife paid to have it put on a heavyweight gi for me (I use it primarily for testing.)

[img]https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOmYg8_z5QpqUdFjcIEJxD5dLETBqxXOEPPul69ch52o2JfBjPwdxmgiHcHMW-LpA?key=bnI1a3pmQ0U5M1NxNUNHQ0ZyNkQzSE9PWGszRGFR[/img]

Other than that, we're pretty plain.

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

Spartacus Maximus
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin ryu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The logo of my dojo is simple and "boring" compared to most others. It is the Okinawan three-pointed symbol(looks like three sickle blades stuck together) in a circle with the three Japanese characters for the name of the association inside it between the points of the symbol. No colours except black.

The name of the association is embroidered in black calligraphy on the upper left side of the karate-gi. There is no patch and the logo is not worn anywhere on training equipment. It is only displayed on the dojo's main door. A few dan grade students as well as the instructor have a small pin slightly larger than a penny. Mine is pinned to my gear bag.

tallgeese
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Gokei Ryu Kempo Jutsu, MMA, Shootfighting, boxing, kickboxing, JKD, Pekiti Tersia Kali

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The logo we use is the avatar I use here. The triangle is one of those things that has been with me since I started jiu jitsu. It's common in some for in a lot of schools logos.

Each of the points represent something. For us, the inverted triangle puts the most important aspect of these at the base, or the foundation of the others.

So, the points of the triangle represent the three pillars of jiu jitsu: the art, the competition, and the self defense aspects. The point at the bottom of our logo represents the art, the foundation from which the other aspects grow. Here's an old video where I talk about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz0sbc4Tk9w

It kind of breaks it down. It also highlights the lineage we come from, the basic design is derivative of my coaches school. Which means a lot to both of us.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We wear the organization's kanji (Seido Juku) on the left chest, and the organization's logo on the left sleeve. Kanji and logo are blue; I have no idea why blue was chosen.

Our logo is a plum blossom, which is our founder's (Tadashi Nakamura) family crest. It has 3 circles within it, representing love, respect, and obedience (not subservience).

Pic of me in gi (with Tadashi Nakamura 2 years ago)...
https://m.facebook.com/AdirondackSeidoKarate/photos/a.620020301375195.1073741826.346940395349855/916150475095508/?type=3&source=54

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The avatar I use here at KF is the Shindokan Shield, or our logo.

The following link describes the Shindokan Shield...

https://www.karateforums.com/the-shindokan-shield-vt44461.html

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartacus Maximus wrote:
The logo of my dojo is simple and "boring" compared to most others. It is the Okinawan three-pointed symbol(looks like three sickle blades stuck together) in a circle with the three Japanese characters for the name of the association inside it between the points of the symbol. No colours except black.

The name of the association is embroidered in black calligraphy on the upper left side of the karate-gi. There is no patch and the logo is not worn anywhere on training equipment. It is only displayed on the dojo's main door. A few dan grade students as well as the instructor have a small pin slightly larger than a penny. Mine is pinned to my gear bag.

To the bold above - it's called Tomoe

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our patch is round and red with a Tomoe in the center or the Okinawan flag symbol and a diagonal fist on either side with our style/art written in Kanji. We also wear a Tomoe on the left shoulder for Dan grading in Buki'gwa (Kobudo).

Our Gi tops are black with white bottoms once you reach Dan grade.Our Obi has the style, our name, and grade in Kanji.

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our logo has Red, Grey, White + Black in it with a pattern which will be described below. Additionally it is embroidered onto our uniforms, but for our transfer students it happens to come on a square patch.

In the Background we have a Grey Person doing a Head Kick, then in front is a belt transitioning from White to Black with the extra belt hanging is black.

The Red is in segments above the belt that is transitioning. But not 100% sure on why my sensei chose that color or pattern.

As a whole our logo is placed above our heart as a sign of respect to the school and to those who currently or have trained at the club.

Wastelander
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shorin-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Judo, KishimotoDi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As part of the Shorinkan organization, we wear Nakazato Shugoro Sensei's patch on the left breast of our gi, which is a round yellow patch with a black border, and black embroidery of Shureimon (the "Shuri Gate") and "Shorin-Ryu Shorinkan" in both English and Japanese script. Shureimon is a global landmark for Okinawa, and has the saying "Land of Propriety" on it (in real life and in the embroidery), which is pretty symbolic in itself. The yellow background is a royal color on Okinawa, rather like purple in Western culture.

As a dojo, we have our own logo/patch, which is my avatar here. It is a mitsudomoe superimposed over a taijitu (a yin-yang symbol), with the name of our dojo encircling it. The idea is that there is supposed to be a balance and blending of peaceful, healthy endeavors, and practical, martial endeavors. The nature of these symbols means that black and white are naturally part of the logo, and the red is a symbol of strength.
Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera
Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: