Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Darce
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Shukokai Karate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I´m amazed I´m not the only Shukokai practitioner here!

It´s funny, I was on a camp this weekend and the "camp-kata" was actually Seisan. I don´t know it very well, just like 75 %. I´ll practise it a bit more.

MawashiGeri60
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Okinawan Goju Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i ask a question .... how is sanchin kata if taught incorectly .. bad for ur health i heard something like that before .. i dont get this ??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

stl_karateka
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Shorin Ryu & Isshin Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I *think* its related to the isometric breathing that is emphasized in that kata. I remember watching it as a beginner and thinking "what's the big deal?!" its a relatively short kata and the moves are simple --- but until you understand how you are supposed to stabilize youself and do the moves you are just doing patterns.

My instructor told us that when we do Sanchin correctly we will be just as tired if not more tired than doing all the other I-Ryu katas combined!

I also remember hearing that the proper way to do this kata is with only 4 breaths...limiting the air you let out with each move.

I don't know about totally being bad for your health, but if you don't know how to breathe properly or try the 4 breaths thing before you are ready you may get dizzy and pass out That'll be bad for your health!

MawashiGeri60
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Okinawan Goju Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha thats true .. right now im learning sanchin in my school.. from a goyu ryu intructor .. i will ask him about this weird health problem they talking about .. osu and i'll get back to you as soon as possible
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

ronryu
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shito ryu karate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pratice a branch of shito ryu as well what kind of questions might you have. I enjoy seisan it is a kata that I am very relaxed when I have finished.
Ryukyu kobudo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: