Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mann thanx for the posts commin in
it seems that some of you guys think that it just me, but others think it actaully is a prob,
but this problem really * me off, cuz i train so hard in martial arts, but when i get into a fight, i puke up every where due to an overdose of adrenaline, im fine in a sparring match and i am good with no probs, but in physical fights i cant concentrate and just loose it, i understand that its not that easy to overcome, but i understand the more fights you get into, the more likely you are able to control your adrenaline
i appreciate the posts commin,
keep them rollin
-ad

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it is less important wether or not you loose your lunch after a confrontation than how you handle yourself during the problem. Your conduct in resolving the incident and how quickly it ends is much more important.

Some people have an inner frame of mind that allows for violence against others more readily than others.

At this point in time do you think you handled the incident the best way that you could have? And do you think the result will affect any future incidents?

I thought the replies would be extremely varied. We all have different values.

You have had a tremendous learning experience. Now what you do with it is up to you. And going out looking for a fight really soon is probably not a good idea at this point.

Bretty101
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something you might find usefull from Geoff Thompsons Web sight. I think it says it all:

http://www.geoffthompson.com

Bretty

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff is really really intelligent,
i have read alot of his articles, he is a very well understood martial artist,
i dont like it how they let him make books,
on "the meaning of life" or "stress" , orite hes a good fighter, and but he aint no philoshper

oen quezzie though, do any of you guys have this problem??, i presume those who think i am just "sick" are the ones who actually havet been in a real fight
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I ever really hit someone in anger was many years ago. I was like 9. See there was this kid next door who was older and about a foot taller and really pi ssing me off. I mean really pi ssing me off. I can't tell you exactly what happened. What I remember is literally seeing red. Next thing there is this kid laying on the ground. No problem then. Or after the fact.

Down the road a few years in a similar situation I could react and still know what I was doing. The rage itself would pump me up, make me shake and give me incredible amounts of energy and power. After the fact I would wonder if I had done the right thing. But had no real problem after it was over.

More years along I had better mental coping skills. I could react. Kick the stuffings out of someone. If the reaction fit the need of the situation I would be okay afterward. If the reaction did not fit the need of the situation I would feel sick on the inside. If the situation could have been defused had I handled it better I felt it inside.

I think a lot of how we feel after an altercation depends on our inner values. When we violate them we react badly. Does that make any sense?

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i sort out understood ya,
i got into another brawl today about some girl,
i was eatin my lunch and the guy was waitin outside, i knew i was going to fight him, anyways whilst eating my lunch, i was pumped up to the max, i was red hot, very angry, thats when this whole sickly feeling pumped in, i couldnt concentrate, i was trying to think, what move should i do and ****, but i just couldnt concentrate,
anyways i went to meat the guy, i pushed him, and the adrenaline kept on going,
in the end there was no fight, but man if i was conditioned enough or whatever, to actually fight if i was sparring, in which i am completely cool, i would have wu-tahs the guys *,
fair enough

Bud
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I know what you mean. When people are buggin me and I'm thinkin about the fight or in the middle of the fight I feel sick to my stomach and like I possibly might puke, although I never have yet.
Is this how you feel? I also feel like this when im talkin about a fight before i get into one and sometimes when im fightin with my friends(just for fun btw.) But i get all hyped up and even though they are my friends i go nuts and either get them down to the point where they dont wanna get up or i choke hold them into submission...
Maybe its just me and i get way into fights or im a nut... has to be one or the other. I just feel like i started the fight so no matter who it is i gotta finish it(or them).

So is this the same way you feel? And is that adrenaline or somethin else? Or again am I nuts?

[ This Message was edited by: Bud on 2002-05-19 21:04 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ckdstudent
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Choi Kwang Do

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When adrenaline runs through the body it pumps blood to certain areas, the muscles get a large dose, hence the extra speed and strength, and the brain in order to allow you to better evaluate the threat and possible solutions. This blood has to come from somewhere, and the body drains it away from internal organs like the stomach and other non-essentials. This is why afterwards, when your awareness of pain is back to normal, you'll feel sick. The higher the rush, the more reaction you'll get. It has nothing at all to do with any 'issues' in a fight or conflicting values, and everything to do with biochemistry.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Morgray
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You felt sick because:
a) The adrenaline.
b) Lack of conditioning.

Try to change your training or maybe your style. May I suggest some style of knockdown full contact karate? Kyokushinkai, shidokan, enshin, etc. They focus a lot on conditioning and contact sparring.
It's only an idea. Good luck anyway.

ckdstudent
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Choi Kwang Do

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has very little to do with lack of conditioning, fitness will not particularly improve your response to adrenaline, what will improve your response is meditation and breathing. If you can remain calm and relaxed during a fight, or any stressful situation, you'll find it that much easier. Deep slow breaths help to bring you down from the rush afterwards, as does sitting calmly. There is a reason why people are called cold fighters, it is because they do not suffer from an adrenaline rush but remain calm and relaxed throughout.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: