Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ZakariRu
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh that way goes pretty far, but i cand travel about just as far just picking up my lead leg and kicking

BlueDragon1981
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Goshin Jutsu Karate, Shotokan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think either punch or kick is superior. The fastest most powerful kick dont bother me. I block 90% of them. It is a mind game not a physical war. I can outsmart a lot of people in the ring. I have to.

Kicks have less range than you think they can only be used at length. Once you get inside of them you can disable most kicks unless you get into knees.

Everything has a weakness... sometimes relizing it is the hard part.

ZakariRu
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats higly debateable. i have round kicked people toe to toe, and hooked kick them even closer and like i said before very few people kick well. bwhahahaha.

[CT]pizzaboy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: blue-belt taekwondo/green belt Yoshukai

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debatable? Yeah, right. If you roundhouse me to the head, and you're within arms length, by just performing the technique you'll be off balance. All I have to do then is just push you on the shoulder and you'll be falling backward. Or do a leg sweep and you'll be on your back. If your kicking me, when you should be punching me, you're going to pay for it. And what this, ".. very few people kick well." I hope your just saying that because we're over the internet.

[CT]pizzaboy
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debatable? Yeah, right. If you roundhouse me to the head, and you're within arms length, by just performing the technique you'll be off balance. All I have to do then is just push you on the shoulder and you'll be falling backward. Or do a leg sweep and you'll be on your back. If your kicking me, when you should be punching me, you're going to pay for it. And what this, ".. very few people kick well." I hope your just saying that because we're over the internet.

ZakariRu
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh and when you punched me id do a backflip and yell kaioken times 10!!!!!
its a hell of alot easier to say what your going to do then it is to do it.

[CT]pizzaboy
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, bro, over the internet you can be anybody, and have the ablitities to do anything. But I'm not bullsh*ting. Imagine, by just leaning back and performing a roundhouse you'll be off balance. If I'm within arms length, my hands will reach your funkin head before your kick does. If I'm not within arms distance, I'll just step in, backfist reverse punch. Just the pushing of my backfist will knock you off balance.

ZakariRu
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your already wrong, i dont lean back when i kick. and when i kick it lands before people have time to punch, you might be the one exception to the hundreds of people if fought, in dojos and in tournaments. I kick at all 3 ranges even internationally and dont get countered.

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be one of the few times I take Bon's view on non traditional arts. Im sorry those moves you talk about covering so much ground is going to get you killed. Its great for kata and practice but it WILL NOT work in a fight IMO. This is why Thai Boxers are such good fighters.

This is comming from one of the more traditional people on this site.

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too and a Shotokan guy and both of you are using that traditional ONE PUNCH ONE KILL idea. I agree if you can connect with one of those big kicks or punches you can KO someone but the fact is landing a clean shot is hard to do.

Your kicks should have a stong recoil on them. To kick and keep balance is much more important than to risk missing for a KO. If you lunge into everything you are going to get your leg trapped. Most tournments won't allow trapping or catching the leg but in real life your in touble.

[ This Message was edited by: G95champ on 2002-07-18 22:38 ]

[ This Message was edited by: G95champ on 2002-07-18 22:42 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: