Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa babe, that sounds nasty. I don't love the move, but i don't hate it.

The spinning backfist ios good with a whipping motion, but a normal backfist is not good with a whip to it. I shoot the normal backfist straight out generating power from my hips and shoulder, as well as a swinging door action using my bicep. If i can smack them on the nose of cheek it has a good effect (this being the normal backfist). Lightning fast too with the speed generated. The sheer F=MA puts enough power into it to knock a guy of equivelant size on his *!

Angus

SuperMinh
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, pretty cool message boards you guys have here, thought i might come along for a chat...

Getting back to the spinning backfist, it's not really a move i like cos it leaves you too "open" for a counter. Besides, it's quite easy to jam as it takes more time to execute than say a jab or a cross: opponent spins, you move forward and catch him with a cross before he's done anything.

Well, that's about it i think. It's good to practice the it on the bags and slapping pads though. Might need it someday, you never know...

ThaiBoxeo
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good way to use it is after u might miss a rear leg roundhouse. U can also turn it into a spinning elbow.

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then that makes it a completely different move. It then gets turned into a spinning elbow - which is also not too bad a move.

Angus

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually from a seated position like in a wheel chair the backfist is and excellant technique. And while a spinning version will not be very fast in a power chair it can be a deadly techinique.

Also the push handle on the back of the chair can be use like a spinning back fist strike to the nether regions of an attacker from behind. They need to be very close though.

TOMMY BEE
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been on both sides of very good spinning back fist.
I was once knocked down in the 4th rd of a A 10 rd fight with an elbow from an atempt at one and the ref did not see the elbow so I had only 8 seconds to recover and luckily I got up to win the fight.
I was also cut very badly in another Title defence when I was hit with the rist that has hard tape on it in the forehead and was at risk of loosing because of the blood,Luckily I still won the fight.
This is why many don,t like it because of the risk. But even though I have been wounded . I still think it is A great techniqe ,We just need to watch and make sure that if it land with anything other than the glove the fighter should loose a point or the fight should be A no contest if it has to be stoped unless it is done on purpose than the fighter should be discaulified.
I have also Knocked out and knocked down many fighters with A clean spinning back fist .When done by an experienced fighter it is an awesome martial arst techniqe that is very effective.

www.ringoffirekickboxing.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2001 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey.
the spinning back fist was just introduced to me for the first time for the green belt grading, but why is it illegal?? in canada?, one thing though, even when the name spinning means to literally swing the arm, i feel there is more force and power when you start with your hand closer to the target, and tense it up really hard towards the end, rather than swingin the arm into the target, loosing some speed and momentum - thus loosing power, its sort of a one inch punch over a full swinged cross, if ya get me
-ad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

TOMMY BEE
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2001 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason that they don't use the spinning Back fist in Canada and in most of europe is because of the dangers stated above. I have seen many fighters get caught with the elbow and get ther cheeks broken by it.
This is why the ISKA has A rule that even if you land with anything other than the glove portion of the glove you loose A point .
This rule is to try to make sure the fighters only atempt the technique when they are confident in landing it clean. I like this rule and also think if a fighter looses becasue of this foul the fight should be A no contest or the fighter throwing it should loose,The problem with that is it usually is an accident so it would not be fare to loose because of it if your winning and hit the guy with your elbow acidently.
As it has been proven many times it is probably the hardest technique you can throw in the sport when thrown correctly and the fighter can not see it coming which those are always the shots that do the most damage.

www.ringoffirekickboxing.com

Psycho
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spinning back fist is extremely powerful if you let your arm whip, a good situation to use this is when you have more than one opponent (like on the street) and you want to scare teh bejeesus outta them :> maybe even connect and make them think about coming in close
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: