Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Routines are tedious... I eat what i want, i exercise when i want, i drink when i want...

I lift some weights, do some classes, watch some movies, read some books... People spend too much time relying on routine, and it sucks... I just feel bad if i don't exercise, so when i do something i actually feel better so that i know i haven't cheated myself that day...

Whatever tickles ur fancy though i guess.
Angus

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is most people think that way ...(believe it or not!) But routines do not have to be tedious. ..... crosstrain by mixing things up a bit in your "routine" (i actually hate that term cos it sounds like the same old --same old thing) ...it needn't be!
Your body becomes accustomed to your level of working out whether it be everyday, every other, every morning or every night, and skipping weekends.
The longer you stick with a particular workout program that you do all the time, the more efficient your body becomes at doing it. You end up using less energy and burning fewer calories, and you won't get optimal results. Research shows muscles can adapt in as few as four to five workouts.
At least you don't pop a pill and then strap on one of those ab belts and sit and watch the telly ... now that tickles alot of peoples fancy these days!!

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-02-18 04:16 ]

AnonymousOne
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very wise and succesful man once said "Success is determined by your ability to endure and overcome pain"

If you have strong goals, doing the tedious and boring tasks become easier. Often in my personal training I includes things I dont enjoy at all. But I know its the things that I dont enjoy that are the stepping stones that lead me up the mountain.

In fact, the harder and more gruelling the training the more I like it, but not necessarily at the time.

It really depends on what your goals are and we are all free to set our own goals. And thats how it should be.

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AO, what form of karate do u practice?

Angus

Cory Reynolds
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that routines can get boring, but I've also heard theory about people feeling more secure in routines. They know what to expect, and a lot of people like to know what to expect when they do something. Surprises can be nice, but they can also scare people. Just some thoughts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

AnonymousOne
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On 2002-02-18 22:16, Angus wrote:
AO, what form of karate do u practice?
Angus

Chidokan.

Chidokan Karate is a Japanese based Karate School in Nippori Tokyo. Chidokan is a derivative of Shotokan and looks only slightly different.

Kancho Sasaki 10th Dan trained under Gichin Funakoshi for many many years. He later formed his own school in Nippori Tokyo in about 1957 after Funakoshi's death.

It has been said that Sasaki has great influence with the Japan Karate Association. Sasaki is in fact senior to all the current JKA heads and instructors

Chidokan's main differences with other schools are:

* Low deep stances, probably the lowest in the art for strong leg development
* Tidiness in performance of technique
* Extremely hard training
* Very strict discipline (Army boot camp type of attitude)
* Emphasis on power, speed and particularly focus
* Traditional Karate although Kumite and Kata contests are held
* Practical self defence. High kicking and jump kicks are reserved for only the most senior of grades

Chidokan is little known outside of Japan, Australia and New Zealand.

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

Jared
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dad how about making my training not so hard!!

LOL
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: