Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ZR440
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Filipino

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well put, SpinningGumby. I don't practice my traditional system of martial arts, Kuk Sool Won, purely for the fighting aspect, although it's my first line of defense in a situation where I think I have the advantage. In certain situations, it's best to just run your * off. But then there may be a time where I may have to rely on the .40 cal hollowpoints in my compact semi-autoloader. So, even though I practice a traditional MA, I don't want to rely on it entirely. Instead, I practice for the whole aspect of mental and physical well being. Of course there will be some people reading this that think that I probably need more mental help for wanting to own a handgun, but they may think twice when they are saved by one. When SpinningGumby said that there are many sides and reasons as to why people do what they do is truly correct.

Deathcometh
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would probably be a monk but I think you could be both if you just understand how to do it.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: