Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashworth wrote:
DWx wrote:
It's very common to be part of a wider org like Ashworth said. Mostly for insurance but these groups also come in handy when it comes to laws and regulation, I guess like a union of sorts. Been especially handy if the group is recognised by the government as a governing body during these times as they can seek clarification and permission from the Department of Culture Media and Sport (DCMS) for clubs to operate during COVID. In TKD we have one group which represents all ITF (all groups), WT and independants.

Exactly, explained it much better than me, thanks

My current organisation hasn’t been too helpful during COVID, but this potential new one has been great so far, feel like they are really going out of their way to help clubs recover and get back on their feet.

If they're on the ball with it then that's good. The regulations have been a mine field and open to interpretation so having someone to do all that is a big help. Bonus if they are telling their members about the finance side of things too such as funding which is available and what you can claim back

If and when combat sports can move on to Phase 0 (contact allowed), you'll need a good governing body to get the go ahead. Each combat sport or group has to submit their plans and have them signed off by DCMS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: