Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject: The Last Dance ESPN Documentary Series Reply with quote

Bob's thread about ESPN's Bruce Lee doc made me want to start a thread about The Last Dance, another ESPN doc series about the Michael Jordan-led Bulls. We're 6 episodes in, and it's great. Really amazing how many people they got to sit for an interview and all of the footage they had access to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for starting this topic, Patrick.

The 10 episodes of The Last Dance: Micheal Jordan was told in the same manner of Be Water about Bruce Lee. Cutback scenes riddled this Michael Jordan documentary, which for me, were done so well, it piqued my interest even more about Micheal Jordan stellar NBA career and life, both on and off the court.

To relive Micheal's impact of the Chicago Bulls two 3-Peat's NBA World Championships was a behind-the-scene microscope look how the entire team jelled together, despite their tumultuous highs and lows, was riveting enough to keep me smiling and on the edge of my seat.

You can truly appreciate Micheal both as a individual as well as an athlete; Michael Jordan is a six-time World Champion with the Chicago Bulls, and a two-time Olympic gold medalist. He is often touted as the greatest basketball player of all time. The 2 years he spent with the Chicago White Sox's, might be laughable being out of that league, but his brief time with the White Sox's might've been just the catalyst he needed to return Micheal to a more familiar territory, the world of B-Ball.

Highly competitive across the board, whereas on any basketball court it was war, and he feared no player, and in that, during a game, he'd not back down from any player, no matter who, and no matter just how aggressive that player might be; Micheal wouldn't hesitate to get-in-the-face during a game, but afterwards, he'd show respect, however, they better have earned that respect from Micheal.

To see how his peers viewed him on and off the court was refreshing, to know that while some didn't fear Michael, they respected his playing abilities, which many players found the hard way, that if you start it, Michael definitely finished whatever it was in a, I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve type. Oftentimes, if he felt he was disrespected or slightest at all, he'd do all that he could to teach an unforgettable lesson.

MJ, Black Cat, Money, Mr. June, G.O.A.T., Superman, Black Jesus and Captain Marvel, His Airness, and Air Jordan; these nicknames can be viewed from a over-the-top type, or they can be viewed as proper respect that his peers had for Micheal.

Check this documentary out; you won't be disappointed whatsoever. There's far much more that I could write about this documentary and about Micheal Jordan, however, ESPN tells so much more, and way far better than I could ever tell.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd been hearing a lot about the documentary, and probably should make some time to watch it. If only to really see how Jordan was driven like he was.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
I'd been hearing a lot about the documentary, and probably should make some time to watch it. If only to really see how Jordan was driven like he was.

You know, Brian, another DVD that would make an excellent companion to The Last Dance: Micheal Jordan would have to be, imho, Kobe Doin' Work because they both, Micheal and Kobe, were driven across the board.

Difference, and it's a startling difference, is that the miniseries documentary on MJ was spread out over 10 episodes, whereas Kobe's documentary DVD was only 1 hour and 30 minutes long.

MJ's miniseries documentary covered an entire career, concentrating on the Bulls 2 Three-Peats, whereas Kobe's documentary had 30 camera's followed him for just 1 day before, during, and after with the Lakers VS Spurs 2007-2008 season.

Two GOAT NBA superstar players that were so driven, that they were kind of forced to apologize when not apology was never expected nor required. To be at that type of caliber, they had to be engaged to that driven mentality; where there's no room for any apology because that weakness tames that driven mindset...taking no prisoners at all costs.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we've now finished it. Same feelings as above, really enjoyed it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can now enjoy Last Dance on Netflix, as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: