Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Treebranch
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Budo Taijutsu, Boxing,Lars Wallin BJJ, Machado Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Kung Fu San Soo, Lima Lama, Taekwondo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: UFC turning into WWF? Reply with quote

Did anyone see the Tito vs. Vitor fight? There were some good matches, but the main attraction was kind of uneventful.

Did you see the Lidell and Tito doing the WWF thing and Shamrock and Tito talking smack. I thought Shamrock and Tito are friends. It was really disappointing.

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

krzychicano
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: KSW

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea its the next mens soap opera. What a waste.

JoeBSU
White Belt
White Belt

Location: Muncie IN or Hammond IN (depending on time of year)
Styles: Judo, Wrestling

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know about that, the WWF or WWE or whatever is still fake, UFC is still real....
"Don't wait for an opening, make it happen." -My HS Wrestling Coach

1kickKO
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UFC is real...however the smack-talk makes it all soap-opera like...I hate that..but it's all good..still fun as heck to watch.

Davison
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Hakko Denshinryu Jujutsu Kodokan Judo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked it back in the first ufc events when there wasn't so many rules. Now days, it has an unreal amount of rules and regulations. I don't think there should be any weight classes, I mean, if you want to be the toughest in the sport,you couldn't really say that ,because your only fighting in your weightclass.If you really wanted to know who's the toughest,it shouldn't matter.When you set up a weight restriction,its like their saying size matters and I don't belive that, I think it's all in how you've trained and how much of a fighting mentality you possess. Also,now you can't hit them or kick them if their on the ground and your standing,I don't agree with that either,a fight is a fight any way you look at it.Who's to say that the fighter on the ground receiving the kick couldn't be setting the striker up the trap the attack and counter. I'll stop there because I could go on and on about the rules and regulations. I 've lost most of my respect for that event now days,It's a disappointment.

krzychicano
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: KSW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea dont worry it might be real now but it is leading up the next big WWE and it will all go down the drain.

SevenStar
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: bjj, judo, shuai chiao, muay thai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davison wrote:
I really liked it back in the first ufc events when there wasn't so many rules. Now days, it has an unreal amount of rules and regulations.

Those are for safety. If you enter one, you'll probably understand.

Quote:
I don't think there should be any weight classes, I mean, if you want to be the toughest in the sport,you couldn't really say that ,because your only fighting in your weightclass.If you really wanted to know who's the toughest,it shouldn't matter.When you set up a weight restriction,its like their saying size matters and I don't belive that, I think it's all in how you've trained and how much of a fighting mentality you possess.

Size matters. given equal ability and skill, the one with the most attributes in his favor has the advantage. Now, if the smaller one is WAY better, then no, size isn't as much of an issue. But you are talking about competitions among PROFESSIONALS. trust me, size matters.

Heck, you're in IL, so here's an experiment you can try. chicago has an MMA event called the Ironheart. Contact them, and tell them you want to fight someone two weight divisions above your own. If they are open to it, then go fight. Come back and tell us how it went...

Quote:
Also,now you can't hit them or kick them if their on the ground and your standing,

that's true, however, you can do it in Pride. However, it's another safety issue.

Quote:
I don't agree with that either,a fight is a fight any way you look at it.Who's to say that the fighter on the ground receiving the kick couldn't be setting the striker up the trap the attack and counter.

chances are, that's NOT the case. they aren't setting up anything. nobody WANTS to be in such a disadvantaged position. That's not to say you can't counter from that position, but it's ridiculous to WANT to be there.

Quote:
I'll stop there because I could go on and on about the rules and regulations. I 've lost most of my respect for that event now days,It's a disappointment.

compete. if you do, the sport will probably regain your respect.

SevenStar
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1kickKO wrote:
UFC is real...however the smack-talk makes it all soap-opera like...I hate that..but it's all good..still fun as heck to watch.

smack talk is a motivational thing. Boxers do it too.

SevenStar
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krzychicano wrote:
Yea dont worry it might be real now but it is leading up the next big WWE and it will all go down the drain.

Nah, reality events will never be faked. If that did happen, new reality events would come along. Why? because there is a desire for it. MMA competitors don't want to pretend they kicked someone, or apply a fake armbar. If they did, they would try the wwe, not a reality event...

1kickKO
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway you look at it, the UFC is real an the fighters are real and the fights are real.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: