Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 3:19 pm    Post subject: Weights - Training Partner. Reply with quote

::edit::

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Last edited by Bon on Sat Sep 28, 2002 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jiggy9
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol 6 days a week? wow - i pass ; I mean i actually have a life

Slim
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do weight training by myself, at home. Not having a partner hasnt been to much of a problem yet, I think the only exercise that I cannot do to failure (which is until you cant do anymore reps) is the benchpress, otherwise the bar would pin me to the bench.Getting the bar back on the bench after the incline ended up being to hard and not very safe. I can make up for this by working the chest with other exercises, starting with benchpress while Im not to worn out to get it back up, then dumbbell flies (or use a machine) then pushup, soon Ill work in some dips on parallal bars.

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: kickboxing, muay thai, tennis, lots more.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well just fine an other one or go bye yourself or rest your choice

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is a pretty impressive workout plan, considering you are also continuing your martial arts training at the same time.

You might want to add a rest day in before you start the cyle again. Benching heavy without a spotter is not a good idea as proviously pointed out. Many solve this problem by doing dumbell bench presses. Some of the quys in my gym prefer the dumbell presses all the time. They make the supporting muscles work even harder.

Also don't forget rotator cuff training. Many who bench heavy develope shoulder problems becuause of neglecting this vital point.

Good luck.

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Last edited by Bon on Sat Sep 28, 2002 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

TKD_McGee
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds dumb. Why don't you just do your training every other day. Instead of breaking down exercises by day, why dont you just do everything each time you go to the gym. If you leave a day in between, that will give time for your muscles to heal correctly. Weight lifting is just tearing muscle cells and having new ones grow over them.

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Bon on Sat Sep 28, 2002 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2001 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first started doing strength work I was extremely fortunate in that I was going into the gym at a non-busy time of day. In addition there were a couple of very dedicated amateur body building types who were really helpful. I worked about 3 months before I was able to bench with the olympic bar for the first time. I learned a lot. The book you mentioned and the Weider books are the basis of a lot of peoples education to the world of weights. In my learning process I learned from physical therapists, occupational therapists, exercize physiologists, and studied anatomy, physiology and kinesiology.

One of the biggest teachers is experience.

The shoulders are composed of 3 joints actually. The gleno-humerol socket where the top of the humerus meets the shoulder, the back of the shoulder where the scapula meets the shoulder and the front of the shoulder where the collar bone connects with the shoulder. There are a lot of small connective tissues in the shoulder.

The shoulder is heavily used in bench pressing, as well as in direct shoulder work. So, the shoulder is an easy area to over work.
The standard rotator cuff exercises are done with very light weights and best done as part of the warmup. Internal and external rotation can be done with a light dum bell or a light weight on the pully adjusted to chest level. Laying on the side hold the arm at your side bent at a 90 degree angle across the chest. Moving only from the shoulder bring the forearm up until it is parallel to the floor. To work the opposite rotation still laying on the side hold the dumbell in the other hand with the forearm across the chest and move the dumbell down to parallel with the floor and back to the start point.

Best of luck to you Bon.

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Bon on Sat Sep 28, 2002 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: