Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Sasori_Te
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Kempo and Kobudo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I don't know you or what you would intend to use it for. Sorry. Ask your instructor. Vital points are not play things. You can kill or seriously injure someone striking these areas. If you do happen to discover how to utilize a vital point you better be sure of your intent before you use the technique. Is it worth going to prison for winning a petty fight? Again, ask your instructor. tell him/ her what's going on. Maybe they can give you some advice.

kempocos
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: RYUKYU KEMPO,MODERN ARNIS, ISSHINRYU,

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sasori_Te - well said, my thoughts exactly.

angel
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: karate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sempai,

Oh this is nothing about winning a petty fight. I need information on dim mak striking to marvel at chinese anatomy science. These people have discovered what we westerns call Bioengergy or bioeelectricity centuries ago and named it as Qi or Chi. Going further they have dicovered uses of this energy and named vital points on the human body. Western scientists are now marveling at its genius as they are proving true.

Now what i need is to discover these points on our bodies and try and see if i can make use of them. Not to kill but to end a conflict and escape. Because the environment i live in requires this.

Isn't this what karate is all about? Self defense? So please respectable sempai show me a way on striking dim mak. But please no lethality.

Angel
Turkey, Shotokan 6th Kyu
Karate is for Self Defense not Offense

Sasori_Te
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Angel. You can research the material online if you want. Or, you can try the books that I mentioned earlier in my posts. But I will not give out any information to someone that has no knowledge of the points or that I do not know. You should be able to find a ton of information by doing a computer search. Good luck.

kempocos
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angel - I would suggest that you look for a dojo who teachs these concepts to self defense. As stated there is more than just knowing where they are to make use of them. Prehaps if you give your general location we could recommend a good school in your area that would help you with the information you seek.

angel
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really sorry, kempocos and sasori te but i am really interested i martial arts. Both their spiritual, phiosophal and phsical aspects. But where i practice karate unfortunately it is taught no different than kickboxing. No philosophy or anything.

Actually i wouldn't kno it had a philosophy if i didnot research on the subject.

I practice shotokan in Ankara , Turkey . Turkey is in Middle East. Kinda connects Europe to Asia.

Sasori_Te
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the resources that I listed for you. It may be your best bet. Also you can try going to www.dragonsociety.com . This is Sensei Moneymaker's and Muncy's website. You can find out more about Torite Jitsu there.

angel
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx

delta1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: It's ALL Kenpo! Bring it back to base!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: What about "vital point" striking? Reply with quote

Sasori_Te wrote:
The Chinese and some Okinawans use "set-up" points before the main strike.

American Kenpo uses vital points to set up the next strike or move. But this is done mostly at the basic level where you would either target a point to set up a reaction or bring an organ into an exposed, vulnerable position to be targeted, and some basic cavity strikes.

There is one branch of AK called Sub Level 4 Kenpo (Dr. Chapel's group) that makes extensive use of advanced cavity striking techniques. As stated already by others, angle and method of striking are important. Also important is the time of day (different cavities effect different organs or systems, and are more active at times than others). There are a lot of other considerations, and it gets pretty complex. I'd love to study SL-4, but as I understand it studying this kind of in depth vital point striking is best done with competent hands on instruction. Not something you'd want to try out on friends and family from a book or internet description.

kempocos
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delta - You are correct in your respect for the damage they can do. Try going to the web site mentioned www.dragonsociety.com and loook under seminars for one near you. I am going to a five hour seminar next sat. with Rick Moneymaker. I can not wait to see which meridian we discuss this tome.

what you refer to as sublevel 4 Is what OKINAWAN and JAPANESE karate call KYOSHO JUTSU ( VITAL PINT STRIKING ) which goes with TUITE JUTSU ( joint manipulation). Rick Moneymaker teach TORITE JUTSU which combines these in a very efffective way.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: