Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Don Gwinn
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much depends on circumstances. Where would a wild shot go? How fast are you? (Better be FAST to take a gun.) Is he paying attention? Is he sober? Is the gun at arms' length, or in a retention position?

If he's got a pistol in a retention position and a good stance, your chance of taking the gun becomes nil. Thankfully, most criminals are idiots and would rather look cool with the arm extended. Many are so stupid that they will come within arms' length, thus voluntarily giving you your only (slim) chance.

Unarmed versus a gun, seven yards is too far out. I know, I know. . . . Tueller. But Tueller never promised you would WIN if you attacked unarmed at that distance. He only showed that you could get the first strike in, and that was against an opponent with sidearm holstered. With a gun on you, there is little hope outside arms' length and not much there either.

This is why cops get disarmed so much more than private citizens and why such an appalling number of police are killed with their own guns. They have to approach to within touching distance to cuff suspects; if I am holding a man at gunpoint, I can stay out of range and wait for them to come do that part.

If you want to be able to disarm someone with a gun, find the fastest, quickest, most economical technique you can. I don't really know what that will be. You will have to attack the gun; attack anywhere else and you may trade blows, so you probably die. Then train that technique as much as you possibly can until you are REALLY fast with it. Blinding fast.
Then have a friend try to shoot you with a paintball gun as you try to disarm him. Be ready for a shock.

http://www.thefiringline.com

BlueDragon1981
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Goshin Jutsu Karate, Shotokan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the situation. I would give them what they wanted if it was something they wanted like money car ect. (I would kill them if they tried to hurt any of my loved ones)

If they are far away the best method is suppose to be to run away in a diagonal manner and swurve back and fourth. Idea behind this is to make it so you are harder to hit.

If they are close to me I would have to disarm them if giving them what they wanted didnt work. I do know my limitions though. I would pray if they were absolutly psyco. (I would come back and huant them if they killed me.)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: