Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Whisky147
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Kung fu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Armstrong wrote:
Is an iPod the way to go, to listen to music while working out alone?

My last two devices for working out with were Walkmans, both broken and the cassette tapes broken; just a mess.

Are you laughing yet... ?

If not it gets better/funnier.

Before the Walkmans, I was binging a radio/cassette recorder to the neighborhood sports park, with headphones, and a large amount of fat batteries; far from a practical setup.

Before that a pocket radio, but the stations fading in and out, sometime I could pick up two stations at the same time, just wasn't working out due to all that and to top it off, the static was interfering with my nervous system.

So can you help me out?

Is an iPod the way to go?

Just need some basic information, on having music while working out in public; any tips?

Ipods are good, I have one myself for the gym. The Ipod Nanos, which are the smaller version, are really good for working out as they can fit in your pocket/arm band etc and weigh next to nothing.

I've had my first ipod since 2006, it's been dropped so many times, taken to cold countries/hot countries and its still working fine!

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisky147 wrote:
Alan Armstrong wrote:

My last two devices for working out with were Walkmans, both broken and the cassette tapes broken; just a mess.

Before the Walkmans, I was binging a radio/cassette recorder to the neighborhood sports park, with headphones, and a large amount of fat batteries; far from a practical setup.

Before that a pocket radio, but the stations fading in and out, sometime I could pick up two stations at the same time, just wasn't working out due to all that and to top it off, the static was interfering with my nervous system.

So can you help me out?

Just need some basic information, on having music while working out in public; any tips?

Ipods are good, I have one myself for the gym. The Ipod Nanos, which are the smaller version, are really good for working out as they can fit in your pocket/arm band etc and weigh next to nothing.

I've had my first ipod since 2006, it's been dropped so many times, taken to cold countries/hot countries and its still working fine!
Thanks Whisky 147, I will look in to it; the iPod Nanos.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Armstrong wrote:

So can you help me out?

Whisky147's iPod Nano is a solid recommendation. I used to use an iPod Classic until I lost the arm band, and bought an iPod shuffle because it was cheaper than a Classic armband. I think it's about $40 if my memory serves me correctly.

The iPod shuffle is very small and light. It has a clip built onto it. It doesn't hold as much music and doesn't have the touch screen, or any screen for that matter. And it doesn't have the amount of memory the nano has.

Regardless of all of that, I actually like it better. I don't compress my music beyond Apple Lossless, so my file sizes are significantly bigger. I still get well over a workout length's music on it though. And without the screen I find I just let the music play and forget about fooling around with it.

The biggest disadvantage I see with it is no apps. I like my interval timer app when I'm working out. For that I just set my iPhone down in a place I can see it.

singularity6
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Jidokwan Taekwondo and Hapkido, Yoshokai Aikido, ZNIR Iaido, Kendo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually no music... but on occasion, I've listened to some Megadeth, Metallica, Devin Townsend or Emperor.

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up a Bluetooth MP3 by Sunstech.

It is about the same size as my thumb.

I recharge the batteries to the device and headset to the USB socket on the TV go figure!

Just trying the MP3 out at home (radio mode) before taking out on the street, for workouts.

The MP3 came with a few pre set songs, theme tune from Titanic and Barbie Girl; they will get deleted, once I can figure out how to program other songs on to the device.

I had by chance, the Bluetooth working once, also thought that I had broken the MP3 by plugging it in to the mains, as it stopped working, not knowing any MP3 CPR but it started working again. Phewww! That was lucky.

This technology is going to take a little getting use to, picked up a new Tablet, also going to take alot of practice to feel comfortable with.

Anyone willing to share some hints and tips, will be very much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: