Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

psychospaz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate Green Belt, Freestyle Shootfighting/Submission Wrestling

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arg i get that too, worse with big pressure changes. damn weak lining in nose...

ZeRo
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why dont noses bleed when hit.......because they dont hit hard enough now what you should do is plant an elbow in there. then it will bleed and probably brake. elbows are always go to use in street fights.

MonkeyNinja
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a strike hit's the side of the nose, chances are that the nose wont break or bleed. A good straight punch, jab or even a hook to the base of the nose or even near the tear ducts can cause the sinus cavaties to bleed profusely.
Now smoke can cause your sinuses to dry up, and become weak, thereby causeing nosebleeds. Same with dry climates and even higher altitudes.
Techno Music? My guess is that the vibrations coming from the speakers could rupture small capillaries in the nose. Even loud bass sounds can pop ear-drums and even(in extreme cases) rupture the heart!!!!
MonkeyNinja

MonkeyNinja
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a strike hit's the side of the nose, chances are that the nose wont break or bleed. A good straight punch, jab or even a hook to the base of the nose or even near the tear ducts can cause the sinus cavaties to bleed profusely.
Now smoke can cause your sinuses to dry up, and become weak, thereby causeing nosebleeds. Same with dry climates and even higher altitudes.
Techno Music? My guess is that the vibrations coming from the speakers could rupture small capillaries in the nose. Even loud bass sounds can pop ear-drums and even(in extreme cases) rupture the heart!!!!
MonkeyNinja

MonkeyNinja
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonkeyNinja

MonkeyNinja
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonkeyNinja

Athorn4941
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now the basics on why the nose bleeds. Well it depends on of a couple of factors your nose shape, how far the capalaries in the nose go down it, and how you got hit.

there are procedures that a doctor can do to cut down on nose bleeds. like when i use in amatuer boxing bleeding is frowned apone and people ofthen lose fights when there nose bleeds so alot of boxers would get there nose catorizied(spelled wrong. basically burning the inside of the nose. another thing to cut down on nose bleeds is to cover the inside of the nose with vasaline.

i hope this helps.

Last edited by Athorn4941 on Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

crazydee
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its the individual, some people just bleed easier. I dont think a resistance builds up in the nose, if anything it'll decrease with more damage.

Withers M.A.A.
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does your nose bleed when you go to clubs? That is weird... I've been hit in the nose many times. Only once did it really open up and bleed. that was because I got kneed a few time in the nose. hehe Thank god I was a young kid when that happened. hehe

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: