Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they say don't do any weightlifting if you think you're coming down with a cold, take their damn advice! I havn;t felt worse in years
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing something is not allways the same as "learning it the hardway".

Get well soon Jack.

Bretty101
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about words of advice and learning things the hard way.

I sprained my ankle the other week, swelled up all big and hurted loads. just kept using it like an idiot and started training again to soon and did the same again verypainful.

This time read up on th subject using www. You know i didn't realise the importance of RICE. I thought it was a myth

Using Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation i am now completely recovered 2 weeks later. when before after 3 weeks it was still swollen and painful.

I learnt my lesson!! as soon as you injure yourself quick as you can Elevate it, strap it up and put ice on it for 20 minute of every hour for the next 3 hours. Then rest it.

This will disperse the swelling so much quicker and you foot will recover so much quicker. RICE is very important after injury, lesson learnt

Bretty

YODA
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jack

Knowledge & wisdom are not the same - sounds like you turned one into the other

Qualified Fitness Instructor (Weights, CV, Circuit, Kinesiology)

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coughing, sneezing, blocked nose, soar throat, dry mouth, pounding headache, extreme dizziness and lack of balance, plenty of nausia and lying in bed half awake, half asleep for 5 hours in the early morning, and 9 hours later... thats my lesson learnt. I really opened up my immune system there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ZR440
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Filipino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best cold remedy: tea with whiskey, honey, and lemon. If nothing else you will sleep.

If that doesn't work: straight whiskey. You won't even know the snot is running out of your nose after a couple good ones, so pack some tissue in the nostrels. You might feel like giving the finger to others who laugh at you, but that will only make them prolong the humiliation. Remove tissue before falling asleep.

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL ZR440, no whiskey.

Would tea with honey and lemon work? heh

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretty thanks for sharing that about RICE, but isn't there more to it, for the next few weeks? Something about the use of a warm shower/bath to help, I'm not entirely sure.

Perhaps if a new thread concerning this was made by someone who was knowledgable on injury treament using RICE, and warmth, then more people could read it and make use out of it.

Any volunteers? lol
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: