Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Share Your Testing, Grading, or Promotion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ninjanurse
KF VIP

Styles: TKD;Shotokan;JuJitsu;Tai Ji

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My "hardest" grading had to be when I first tested into my present system mostly because of the expectations that everyone had. I had also only been in the system about 6 months and had a lot of new curriculum spinning around in my head. As for the toughest physically, it had to be my 3rd dan test with WCTKD as I had cracked a rib the week before which made breathing oh so special!

http://the100info.tumblr.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

daizyblackbelt
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My most difficult test was for nidan.

I didn't sleep well the night before for various personal reasons and the test began at 8 in the morning beginning with our katas. After the forms (10 loooong, athletic katas...) were finally over and I was already exhausted, we moved onto bunkai. My partner and I both got a beating. We managed to managed to lose control so many times. I got kicked in the groin, he got punched in the head, and various other accidents... That's what we get for being tired i guess. In the end, i had trouble walking, much less standing.

But, i had managed to pass somehow.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For our black belt testings, we have to do a pretest class the night before, which includes all forms, one-steps, and basics. Then on test day, we do our form, two lower rank forms, all of the one-steps non-stop, sparring at least 2 bouts with a higher rank, and then board breaking.

My toughest ever test was for my 1st dan through the ATA. I had to do all nine colored belt forms, all of the one-steps and sparring segments, spar a black belt twice, do two board break stations, and then make up our own form of at least 50 moves, I think. I was tired after that one.

ShotokanKid
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Shotokan Karate, Judo, FMA/Inosanto Kali

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Nidan test by far. I failed
During kihon, my side started hurting really badly so my technique was sloppy.
During kumite, there was a kid there, who had come from the Philippines with his instructor (who was testing for 5th dan). He nailed me in the face so that my mouth guard came out. The black belt in charge gave him a point (even though you're supposed to control the punches to the face). I decided if they were going to score that, I would get him. I came in and whacked him in the face, he quickly recovered and hit me again in the mouth. They stopped the match and made me go wash the blood out of my mouth.
That was not the best of days.

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Kieran-Lilith
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Eugue Ryu, Iaido, Aikido

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm....

My very first test (9th kyu) just plain out scared me. Before the test I was shaking like a leaf, and I remember I had butterflies flying around in my stomach. I probably would have been better off if I had studied before the week of the test. I didn't realize how time would fly...and then...the week of...."AH! I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING! HELP!" and I got lucky because my friend drilled me all day while we were at school for that week.

My other scary test was the one for 5th kyu (the one I just passed a few months ago). Fighting for an hour really is tiring, and it really is scary, but you know...I'd love to do that again.

And now, I'm up for testing again in August, so back to studying!

Aodhan
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: ATA TKD, WTF, Shotokan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine would have to be testing for my instructor's certification in the ATA. 2 8 hour days of forms review, exercises, sparring, technique discussion, one step and sparring combinations for all colored belts, all colored belt forms and all teaching knowledge (Class structure, class planning, etc).

Final exam was 2 forms of your choice, 2 randomly chosen forms, 2 sets of random one steps or sparring combos, and teach a 5 minute class using segmented class planning and hitting at least 7 of 10 instructor skills (Refer to students by name, set a positive mood and tone for class, etc.)

I got mixed up on one of the forms and ended up combining two forms together, so I had to retest on the forms a week later for the Senior Master in the region (Sr. Master is 7th degree in the ATA system.) Passed the forms on that testing with flying colors.

Aodhan

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

karatekid1975
KF VIP

Styles: Tang Soo Do/TKD/jujitsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I mentioned before, my hardest was my 1st gup in WTF TKD. But I switched to ITF. I have 11 (well 10 now) forms to learn. Plus the rest of the curriculum. Mr. Dennis wants me to test in January for BB. I think this will be my hardest test ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Share Your Testing, Grading, or Promotion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: