Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was real the US military would spend millions on it instead of F-35 fighters.

In the UFC some old man would dominate and KO everyone at the bell.

Heck I thought Luke Skywalker could do this then the Last Jedi came out. So not event in Hollywood.

I have no respect for people who allow others to get hurt teaching these Jedi mind tricks as reality.

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add I'm all for meditation and learning to control your breathing, heart rate, emotions, thoughts, and even help regulate your health.

However that's your body not another's. What I stated above is done around the world in martial arts, Dance, Yoga, prayer, meditation, listening to music, art, playing games, walking, swimming, writing, fishing, shooting basketball, gardening, cutting trees, hunting, doing drugs or whatever brings you into a state of peace.

It's not the death touch.

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolute fraudulent nonsense!

No such thing as a no touch knock out. It's been debunked many, many times.

Dillman and the like are charlatans. Whether it works on their students due to power of suggestion or hypnotism or just because they play along doesn't matter. You can't use it on those that are not your students so it's baseless in fact.

I went to one of these seminars years back. The funny thing was they wouldn't demonstrate on anyone from the crowd, only their own students. One of my counterparts even challenged them and would give them a $100.00 if they could do this to him. They declined. Why? because its make believe smoke and mirrors nonsense.

No touch KO's are baseless nonsense pure and simple. Not real and never will be. If they are I have a $1,000.00 for anyone that can KO me with their Ki without touching me. I'll have that grand till the day I die, because its fake!

Sad thing is they take money from naive students with the promise that one day they too can knock out a person three times their size with nothing more than a wave of their hand. These people are the worst kind of instructors. I have absolutely zero respect and nothing but disdain for these frauds.

If any of them think they are not frauds, the challenge stands.

wildbourgman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shotokan/Shorin Ryu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find sad about this entire issue is the fraud that comes from people that once had a legitimate background. These people like Dillman ruin all the hard work and accomplishments they may have done in the past. For instance Dillman's work on pressure points was extensive, but where is that now? It's fruit of the poisoned tree.

Many Karate organizations, instructors and dojos are marketed by their lineage so if you are a legit instructor that is connected to one of these folks that go completely off the rails, where does that leave you?

I've not only seen this problem with Chi knockouts and other types of fraud but with sexual abuse, stolen valor and other criminal acts by higher ranking instructors or heads of martial arts organizations. In Louisiana where I'm from all Karate was put under a black cloud due to one instructor that abused a child back in the 1980's. That case made national news for other reasons when the child's father shot the instructor in a Jack Ruby styled attack.

I'd like to know how many instructors have been effected by situations like this. I know one in particular that had to basically whitewash all connections to his very knowledgeable high ranking instructor, with a exemplary background, due to a totally unnecessary stolen valor issue.

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildbourgman wrote:
What I find sad about this entire issue is the fraud that comes from people that once had a legitimate background. These people like Dillman ruin all the hard work and accomplishments they may have done in the past. For instance Dillman's work on pressure points was extensive, but where is that now? It's fruit of the poisoned tree.

I guess that depends on the definition of legit.

Dillman was a Kata and breaking champion for 4 years according to most respected Karateka of the time. However some of his other claims are fraudulent, and that's putting it nicely.

When Mr. Dillman first started teaching his Kyusho-Jutsu he made many claims that proved to be incorrect. First off he saw Seiyu Oyata Shinshii in a seminar demonstrating Kyusho. He started "studying", if you can call it that, under him for a very short period of time (rumor was a few seminars) and then instantly over night was a Kyusho master and claimed that Oyata was his teacher. Oyata was pretty upset with him and denounced him as an instructor under him (which he was not and never received any teaching credentials from Oyata). When he was asked who he learned Kyusho from he said Hohan Soken trying to distance himself from Oyata. However this is another lie. He met Hohan Soken at a seminar, once. He never studied under Hohan and it was proved so he backed away from that claim and stopped discussing who his teacher was all together.

He claims to have been professional boxer for three years. There is no proof of him ever being a professional boxer. Ever!

The worse is the fact that he is a self promoted 10th degree black belt. I don't know the time line of this man but I remember reading a few years back how he started under Harry Smith in Isshin Ryu in the 60's, was never promoted to Shodan but would wear a black belt around others in the attempt to get honorary grades in their arts. Since Oyata and Hohan did not actually teach this man for much time, in the later not at all. And neither promoted him to a legitimate grade how did George attain the grade of Judan?

I was wrong. The worst is the fact that this clown claims to be a psychic and can knock you out with out ever touching you and scams 1000's of students out of their money teaching something that will do little except get them beat down.

Legit? I guess that depends on your definition of legit.

IMHO he's anything but legit.

wildbourgman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shotokan/Shorin Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

IMHO he's anything but legit.Legit?

Don't get me wrong I'm not defending anything and everything Dillman. I'm just using him as an example because he's known. IF he had anything legit he ruined it for himself and anyone attached to him. I have checked out his pressure point book a little and some of the stuff was pretty good, but that all goes down the same drain.

There is something I heard the other day that kind of relates to that. If you take a drum of sewage and add one glass of a very old and expensive wine, what is it now? ................Sewage!

If you take a barrel of very old and expensive fine wine and add a glass of sewage to it, what is it now? ...............Sewage!

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildbourgman wrote:
Quote:

IMHO he's anything but legit.Legit?

Don't get me wrong I'm not defending anything and everything Dillman. I'm just using him as an example because he's known. IF he had anything legit he ruined it for himself and anyone attached to him. I have checked out his pressure point book a little and some of the stuff was pretty good, but that all goes down the same drain.

There is something I heard the other day that kind of relates to that. If you take a drum of sewage and add one glass of a very old and expensive wine, what is it now? ................Sewage!

If you take a barrel of very old and expensive fine wine and add a glass of sewage to it, what is it now? ...............Sewage!

Great analogy. Very true.

JazzKicker
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Hapkido, JKD, TSD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviving an old thread, I know, but I was just thinking about this topic.

Back in the 90's, I was training hard in Tang Soo Do, but took an interest in Dillman's Ryu Kyu Kempo. An old college friend and karate student went on to become a full-time instructor and was affiliated with DKI, hosting many seminars.

I went to several seminars, and it opened my eyes to new interpretations of forms. Pressure points do indeed work but not on everyone, and whether it's practical in a live scenario is another matter.

What bugged me about Dillman, though, is you'd ask him a question, and he'd tell you what video to buy that covered the answer. He was always promoting himself. I remember when he first started presenting his sound and no-touch theories- that's when he lost me. My friend had a falling out with him, he's never discussed it, but many others left around the same time.

I used to have several of Dillman's books- they were loaded with filler photos (I was even in one of the seminar pics). I sold them all on ebay a few years ago.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know tallgeese used to say this a lot, and he's right on about it; pressure point attacks are another tool to add to the toolbox. They can be useful, but shouldn't be the only thing in the toolbox.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
I know tallgeese used to say this a lot, and he's right on about it; pressure point attacks are another tool to add to the toolbox. They can be useful, but shouldn't be the only thing in the toolbox.

Absolutely!! Mainly because pressure points don't always work for one reason or another. Whenever a point doesn't react as it should, you better gave an immediate plan 'B' or 'C' or something.

I've trained in Kyusho jitsu forever, but as in anything that's MA, sometimes plan 'A' doesn't always work for one reason or another.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: