Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
I know tallgeese used to say this a lot, and he's right on about it; pressure point attacks are another tool to add to the toolbox. They can be useful, but shouldn't be the only thing in the toolbox.

Absolutely!! Mainly because pressure points don't always work for one reason or another. Whenever a point doesn't react as it should, you better gave an immediate plan 'B' or 'C' or something.

I've trained in Kyusho Jitsu forever, and I believe in it for cause, however, as in anything that's MA, sometimes plan 'A' doesn't always work for one reason or another.

Fat Cobra
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Ryukyu Kempo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
bushido_man96 wrote:
I know tallgeese used to say this a lot, and he's right on about it; pressure point attacks are another tool to add to the toolbox. They can be useful, but shouldn't be the only thing in the toolbox.

Absolutely!! Mainly because pressure points don't always work for one reason or another. Whenever a point doesn't react as it should, you better gave an immediate plan 'B' or 'C' or something.

I've trained in Kyusho Jitsu forever, and I believe in it for cause, however, as in anything that's MA, sometimes plan 'A' doesn't always work for one reason or another.

Absolutely! Well said. The same can be said with joint locks. I am a huge fan of joint locks, but in the end they, along with Kyusho Jitsu, and strike, and kicking, and throwing, are all tools.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Cobra wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
bushido_man96 wrote:

Absolutely! Well said. The same can be said with joint locks. I am a huge fan of joint locks, but in the end they, along with Kyusho Jitsu, and strike, and kicking, and throwing, are all tools.

Solid point!!

A MAists bag of tricks hold one effective tool or another; the more in ones bag of tricks, the more ones chance to walk away unscathed.

Spartacus Maximus
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin ryu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pressure points are not some kind of mystical phenomenon despite what some have made them out to be. They are merely the result of detailed knowledge of the human body. Such knowledge is accessible to anyone who has studied anatomy to any degree. Basically, they are areas of nerve concentrations on the bodies that can be exploited in fighting/defense. Techniques aimed at these areas are common in every martial arts system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: