Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: kickboxing, muay thai, tennis, lots more.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no accually i am 13 and the gym i go to let everyone go to but you have to become a member to use equipment and w.e. you do like kickboxing, karate, judo.... ect!!!!

ya moobrack me too not only one!!

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, damn lucky of you to have such a good gym like that
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

moobrack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is very true.Not many Gym's have good facilities and charge a bomb for membership.BUT sometimes you could find a good one for cheap.Its all about LOCATION,LOCATION,LOCATION!!

www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dieting and weight training both work together. The weight training overloads the muscles and stimulates growth, while the food you eat provides the necessary building blocks to repair and build new muscle tissue.
If you don't eat correctly while weight training, you WILL lose muscle tissue.
To gain weight you have to eat, period! It basically must become a job. To build muscle you must eat the right foods in the right quantities. If you are not getting at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight as muaythaidm posted, then you will not gain muscle.
Learn to measure and calculate your daily food intake. If you don't do this, you will never know what you are actually eating. Problem is not eating enough calories for your fast metabolism.In addition to eating more calories, you need to eat more often.
Eat three meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) and three snacks every day (midmorning, midafternoon and evening). In order to gain weight, you need to fuel your body at regular times. The easiest way is to set up a schedule.
Stop drinking non-caloric beverages. That includes diet soda, and plain coffee or tea.
You're looking for calories, right?
Choose skim or 1 percent milk (we want healthy calories, not too much fat, so avoid milk with higher fat contents), 100 percent fruit juice or sports drinks.
Choose calorie-dense foods. That means eating potatoes, corn or peas instead of celery and
carrot sticks. Or choosing a banana or cranberry juice instead of an apple or orange juice.
Granola cereal is more calorie-dense than puffed rice. Read food labels for the serving
size and the calories and choose foods that are higher in calories.
Each meal should include some type of starchy food (potato, rice, pasta,bread, cereal), fruits and vegetables, and a protein source (chicken, red meat, fish, tofu, peanut butter, legumes, eggs, cheese). Use two or three teaspoons of margarine or salad dressing with each meal to add moderate amounts of fat without going overboard.
Exercise. Regular exercise and activity will help your body gain muscle and not unwanted fat. Thirty minutes of daily activity is plenty to get your system moving yet not so much that you're burning up tons of calories. If you are more active (which you most probably are!), you need to increase your calorie intake. Also learn the correct way to weight train for muscle mass as well.
A good strong diet with plenty of protein is essential. Only protein can build muscle tissue. If you can't get that, then then you need to supplement with whey protein, or a good MRP.
If you want to get bigger and gain more muscle, you will have to deal with the fact that you will also gain some additional body fat. This is due to the high calorie diet you must eat to build more mass. Focus on gaining
the weight first, then later on, go on a short-term fat loss diet to lower your body fat levels.
Good Luck guys!

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2001-10-22 09:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2001-10-22 09:57 ]

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great kickchick, simply great! That is excactly hwat I needed to know too, thank you so much!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack & Moobrack....so glad that I helped you out a bit. Just remember to be consistent ... look online for a good nutritional site to calculate your calorie intake...here's one (http://www.fitrex.com/calorieintake.shtml)
and a searchable food database ... (calories, protein, fats) http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl
Good luck & keep us posted on the progress...

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Deby hun I'll check them out now

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i know jack its great!!!! you know whats cool that its named after MIKE MILES FAMOUS KICKBOXER I THINK FAMOUS!!

thanks for the info kickchick all try some of it!!

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, now all I need to do is find out my body fat...

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you do that w.e. it takes!! ..lol
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: