Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kickchick some good snacks there for me to check out!

And Sorry about writing down what I'm eating and when, that was just the initial excitement which is dying down now
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: kickboxing, muay thai, tennis, lots more.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay thanks kickchick all try to have one of those like everyday or once in a while???

I am also a little picky!

i don`t like cottage cheese i believe and why lowfat this thread is about gaining weight not loosing it?? so the paragraph you wrote thats on the 5 ones below and works even tho lowfat??

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kicker, yes, lowfat...

Basically you're eating more, but eating more of the healthy stuff. So if you do weights, then more of the protein from this goes to help you gain more weight in muscle after working out. However, some will be left to gain as fat.

If you really want to gain lot of weight in fat, you should reconsider
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i don`t want to reconsider all try to get most muscle fat and all wait for my other question to be answer before i start!!

moobrack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say that I jacked the diet in.
I was feeling sick, empty,headachy,going dizzy.

I have gone back to how I was before (foodwise) and I feel much better!!

I am still weight training.And doing cardio excercises!!

Sorry guys.

C Ya!

www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moobrack, you may have been going overboard

I'm eating a bit more its doing me well, mabye you've shocked your system more than it can cope with?

Well, best of luck with your training

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moobrack....sounds like maybe you cut back toomuch on your carb intake. That is how I felt when I went on a low carb diet. Not very smart if you are very active. You need those carbs for energy...instant fuel! Your diet should actually be the same as it always was...just add some more protein, a little less fat (you can have a little more of the "good" fat) and keep eating those carbs. Think sensibly (as you are) when eating. When you feel good you're doing something right....when you feel sluggish and downright miserable, your body is telling you something! If you don't eat sensibly (that is...fruit & veggies) take a real good multi vitamin at least.
Just remember to increase mass you have to eat several meals (5 min.) Morning breakfast-mid morn. snack-Lunch-mid afternoon snack-Dinner.
If you are gaining want to gain weight than do the opposite of what I listed in No.1 (sorry I am always giving advice to people who want to cut calories not add them to gain weight). To gain weight you need to increase calories...simple as that! But you always want to watch the fat because although you will gain more fat when building mass...remember you then need to cut back and go to a low fat diet afterwards to then tone those muscles and it is just in your best interests to not gain an undesirable amount of fat in the process.
Good Luck Moobrack!

moobrack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx guys, I am gonna eat like before, BUT train more and vary my food a little more also.I think that that should give my body a good feeling and help me to better myself even more.

EG, dinner today!

Gorgonzola and pasta, -extre bit- Rocket and onion

I think its working really well!!!

Thanx guys, maybe try again in the future

www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well good luck moobrack!!

i have sometimes gone over what i should like maybe 2/3 times a week good food!!!

well i am still trying and hope you do too!!

Slim
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I looked into diet for weight gain on the net I was reading mostly about increasing calories, so the protein thing was new to me.It seemed that to gain weight, you must put in more fuel (calories) than you use. I looked again for high protein foods and found fish, chicken and turkey and eggs seem to be best. A large egg has about 6 grams of protein, half in the white and half in the yolk, but the yolk is very high cholesterol. I think two eggs give more than recommended daily intake of cholesterol. I also found that we can use 100% of the protein from eggs, where with other foods like nuts sometimes half the protien is used.
So lets gulp down those egg whites!!
Is there an easy way to estimate how many calories one should eat to gain weight though? All I found was very complicated tables where they wanted you to work out how you spend each half hour to figure out how many cals you are using up.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: