Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Ti
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Sparred with a black belt tonight Reply with quote

Somebody ALMOST got me pis.sed today. I haven't been pis.sed in a long time, but I was able to calm and control it this time.

Went to Karate tonight. Sparred with another black belt again. This time it was the les.bian fat white lady who always shouts "No Water!" Everytime I try to rehydrate. I don't really like her, but sine I am not a vindictive person I did not take this opportunity to try and cream her. Wasn't sure if I could intially since it was my first time saprring with her.

So I started off easy since it was near the end of the session and I was almost dog tired. After a few shots, I managed a few punches that penetrated and were going straight for her chest. Needless to say I pulled them back to avoid contact. Sensei saw that and told me to keep pushing and not pull back when he saw that. I still did not want to hit her chest so I swapped it up and got more aggressive on my penetration.

Pulled some Muay Thai moves and I penetrated very well, backed her into the wall and she literally rolled up to defend the elbow and knee strikes I was doing. (This was all on concession as I backed her into the wall) Sensei saw that and commented on her poor defense since she was the black belt. I could tell I hurt her pride.

So I pulled back and started again. After I mauled her into the corner I decided to take it easy again and conserve my energy cause I was getting dog tired. I let my guard down and she kicked my dead on the soft spot under the sternum. It almost took the wind out of me, it hurt. She kicked me pretty hard, much harder then i was hitting especially since I held back SO much. As she kicked me I heard her say "Yes, I got him" She was just waiting to get me back for embarassing her. I did my best to hide the pain to reduce her satisfaction. After that I was soooo tempted to not hold back and land all those knee and elbow strikes. I had so many knee strikes that would have hit her ribs if I had not held back.

Oh well. I'm not a vengeful person, so I let it slide and since I was dog tired by then, I just whaterever the rest of it.

Maybe next time I won't be so merciful.

BTW I am 7th kyu for those who wonder.
Not saying I dominated the sparring, but when I was dog tired she got me a few times.

cross
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably hurts he pride even more that you didnt let it get to you when she hit you. Just play fair and the instructor will soon notice if she is doing things a black belt shouldnt do to lower grades.

In saying that, the belts arnt that important because like you said, you forced her back, so next time just dont go easy on her after it, keep pushing her backwards.

Pacificshore
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Chinese Kenpo/Kara-Ho Kempo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a difference between pulling back/holding back on your strikes, and good kime. Sounds like you bear some animosity towards your senior because of the way she teaches, or treats others in class. If that is the case, then that is something that needs to be brought to the attention of the head instructor. Regardless of how one is preceived, remember that part of your training is "the perfection of character", referring to your senior as a "lesbian fat white lady" is not perfecting one's character.

In terms of the kick that she snuck in on you, well if you let your guard down cause your tired, and your still in sparring mode, then expect to get hit. It's not like the match had ended, and you were sucker punched/kicked.

The overall point, everything you do in the dojo is a lesson learned. Learn form it and move forward

Ti
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pacificshore wrote:
There's a difference between pulling back/holding back on your strikes, and good kime. Sounds like you bear some animosity towards your senior because of the way she teaches, or treats others in class. If that is the case, then that is something that needs to be brought to the attention of the head instructor. Regardless of how one is preceived, remember that part of your training is "the perfection of character", referring to your senior as a "* fat white lady" is not perfecting one's character.

In terms of the kick that she snuck in on you, well if you let your guard down cause your tired, and your still in sparring mode, then expect to get hit. It's not like the match had ended, and you were sucker punched/kicked.

The overall point, everything you do in the dojo is a lesson learned. Learn form it and move forward

I don't really hate her, but she annoys me everytime she stops me from reaching for some water. She yells across the room "NO WATER!"
People need to hydrate, our 2 hr sessions can be intense and really wipe me out. Without water I would pass out.
Anyways, next time I will be a little more inclined to let those elbow and knee strike land instead of pulling them back.
Made a few clean punches to her chest too, but I pulled those back since I did not want to touch her there.

ESA-Shotokan
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Pulling punches Reply with quote

When attacking her to the chest, just hit on the centre; sternum. Yes, if she is a large lady then she may be quite ample there but at least it is not direct contact to her breast.

A good idea may be to chat to her about the sparring session. Ask her advice about contact to the chest. She may have felt you would not have made contact due to her own defence ability? She is the senior and there is no harm in giving her respect. If she still can't be civilised, then at least you have tried.

Never hold back on an attack. No, I don't mean pound an oppenent into submission, but if you can hit them, then do so. They are then learning from you and vice versa.

informer
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: LOL Reply with quote

"I would have, could have, should have hit her" That's pretty funny that as soon as she had an opening she went for it and kicked your butt.

That my friend is the difference between black belt and not black belt.

A black belt will always seize the opportunity.

Why would myou want to hit somebody in the chest? This is not a good target, you'll never K/O somebody there.

She nailed you in the SOLAR PLEXUS not the "soft spot" you should learn a little about the solar plexus this is a vital target which should be taught at white belt level.

Well good luck to you and dont be afraid to hit a girl during kumite because if you dont hit them, they'll darn well nail you!

ESA-Shotokan
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: True! Reply with quote

Here, here!!

equaninimus
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Seibukan, Shotokan, Wado Ryu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are "so much better," why are you training there? It might be time for a little humility. I have trained in many dojo where water breaks are not allowed. It doesn't make her stupid. She has trained longer than you..perhaps she knows things you don't!

Ripper
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

equaninimus wrote:
If you are "so much better," why are you training there? It might be time for a little humility. I have trained in many dojo where water breaks are not allowed. It doesn't make her stupid. She has trained longer than you..perhaps she knows things you don't!

Yes, it makes her stupid.
It is wellknown in sports you should drink before you get really thursty. You can hardly drink too much. You can, however, drink not enough and get dehydrated, causing you to perform less. You could even pass out.

And about some assumptions in this thread in general.
Maybe she trained longer than Ti; this doesn't automatically mean she knows more about whether it is good to drink during training or not. So Ti might not be a black belt. We don't know if he trained 40 years of kickboxing. So perhaps Ti knows things we don't!

Pacificshore
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Chinese Kenpo/Kara-Ho Kempo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ti wrote:

Anyways, next time I will be a little more inclined to let those elbow and knee strike land instead of pulling them back.

Granted, I don't know this person or yourself, but I am familiar with this type of situation. Just remember this simple philosophy, she will only go as hard as you do. So if you let the elbows and knees fly, just be prepared to accept a few good shots of her own. Also, keep all emotions in check, dosen't make for good rational decisions when sparring
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: