Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Closed VS Open Testing Cycles
Closed
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Open
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
Neither
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

Hawkmoon
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Kyokushin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DWx wrote:
We used to have ours open but switched to closed. Mainly because of the kids. I realize it's nice for parents to watch their kids but the main reason we did it is because those same parents like to criticize others. Parents can be pretty deluded when it comes to their kids and wonder why little their little Jimmy didn't pass when he is clearly better than Bobbie.

Classes are always open to watch so they can see their kids there and 1st dan gradings are usually open to all.

An item I have been very aware of when watching my son in his gradings, I strikes me as rude, impolite (...and so the negative words keep going!)
I bite my tongue as its not my place to comment, I leave them to carry on isolating themselves with the outburst!
The only thing I note and wish I could change is the shame and embarrassment the child feels and shows as 'mum' or 'dad' loose the plot over something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: