Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Eye of the Tiger
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In calisthenics you should do them everyday as well as stretching and cardio. Again you will become stronger if you use your own body as opposed to weights.

For you people that think that doing high reps past 25 with only build endurance then click on the below link and tell me what Matt Furey looks like since he can do over 2000 hindu squats, so if he only builds endurance his legs will be very thin and weedy but if they build strengh they should be muscular. Oh how wrong you are.

www.mattfurey.com

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, Matt is a BIG man... not bodybuilding huge... but a solid man with muscles. ....there are "pumped" bulky muscles, such as a bodybuilders which are created through a process called sacroplasmic hypertrophy. Muscles such as those of Furey who does more functional training get stronger through myofibrillar hypertrophy or actual muscular fiber growth.
I believe you bulk up more by adding more than your bodyweight with actual weights for resistance which mobilizes more muscle mass ... just try doing those hindu squats with added weights if you really want to bulk up more.

Eye of the Tiger
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop!

I dont want to bulk up I want functional strengh and endurance.

I have been backing up these exercises by people thinking that doing high reps of these combat conditioning calisthenics will only build endurance, and I am giving an example that if Matt since he can do over 2000 hindu squats has very muscular legs proving that high reps in calisthics still builds strengh not only endurance and if they did build endurance only; his legs would be very wirey and thin, not all muscular caused by strengh.

Also body building is the name refered to people who lift weights for Muscular bulk sop when you said that these combat conditioning exercises where bodybuilding thats where I got a little confused; because you where saying it in a different scence.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: