Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Prodigy-Child
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this has kinda been a contreversial issue.........many people think this shouldnt happen........but i think it should

if pilots have weapons then there probobly would never be hostage situations and hijackings cuz i think that the hijackers would surrender before they cause a fire fight in the air

and other people say that guns arent a good idea because the possiblity of a bullet puncturing the passenger cabin and loosing air pressurisation but it isnt like the movies they say that the cabin could probobly take the impact of a bullet

if we arent gonna give the pilots guns then why dont we have some armed air marshalls on the planes....people complain about the cost but ill tell ya this much if i have to pay an extra $100 or $200 then ya know what ill shell out that much cash if it means my safety and the safety of my friends and family!

think about it!

Kato
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm I don't think giving pilots guns is the way to go. The pilots are not trained police officers and there is a good chance that the weapons could be taken away from them by a terrorist or simply in an air rage incident. HOWEVER, I think the idea of putting law enforcement personnel who are specifically trained to operate on aircraft is a GOOD idea. Guarding the aircraft from dangerous people would be these officers full time job so they would be far less likely to have there weapon taken from them and much more likely to hit there target if they were forced to shoot someone. An airplane is a very small environment and there would be a substantial risk of shooting an innocent passenger. I think we could all take a lesson from Israel; they have been putting armed guards on their planes for years now. These guards train all the time to work on aircraft and they have to score extremely high on their firearms accuracy test (much higher then normal police officers). The Israelis have also put steel doors on the ****pits of all there airplane’s and trained there pilots not to open those doors for anyone. If we implemented these measures in North America it would probably go a long way to ending the threat of hijacking. The pilots should concentrate on flying the air plane and leave dealing with hijackers to law enforcement.

[ This Message was edited by: Kato on 2001-09-30 19:04 ]

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm all for arming pilots and/or having air marshalls..........there is new amunition on the market that makes putting holes in the plane a small risk.......besides if it means downing an aircraft as opposed to downing the world trade centers.......i pick the aircraft, even with me on it.

it is said that "an armed society is a polite society"..............

[ This Message was edited by: iamrushman on 2001-10-01 20:15 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: kickboxing, muay thai, tennis, lots more.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well to my case it doesn`t really matter what it ends up well it does but not that much!!! So Prodigy-Child i would have to agree with you!!!

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well we need to follow the example set by EL AL ..thier track record is impeccable..thye enforce security factors from the parking lot to the airplane ..the ****pit is sealed off from the cabin the entire flight..and they have armed security on the plane...if we want to be safe we have to make sacrifices including arriving 3 hours before flight.. searches of luggauage and persons...we have to lose the attitude that we want everything fast..the arrogance of saying how dare you search or question me..and especially remeber that terroism can , has and will again take place here in america...the myth that we are untouhable vanished in the flames of september 11th

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

Kodek
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that the government is in the process of getting some air marshalls together. I do think that it would be a good idea.

There are still people trying to gain access to airplanes for suspicious reasons. I spoke with my family in Missouri and they told me that at the Joplin, MO airport a guy walked in with a duffle bag full of money and wanted to buy a plane. Didn't ask how it ran or what condition it was in. Just wanted to know how far and how fast it would go.

Needless to say he was arrested, but there are still people here with possible malicious intents. Something needs to be done.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that using Air Marshalls is heading in the right direction.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that pilots want the right to carry firearms on planes, however I don't believe they should. They're pilots, not police men - you can't be both.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with taezee. There is no reason for the ****pit to be open and in complete view of the entire plane. Unfortunately that would put an end to the little ones shaking hands with the pilot and getting their "wings" clipped on by the pilot. Surveillance cameras need to be set up and monitored by true security personel. Your right about El Al....we should follow their lead ... actually many of the int'l carriers are well secured...heck I don't even trust the baggage people some of the domestic carriers have employed....when they get minimum wage for what they do...
I have seen a pick up where I work as far as air travel goes...small but its getting there. We need to feel safe again and continue our travel otherwise all those red, white and blue flags we are flying might as well be white!
Deby

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know how to do the quote thing so i'll type it.........
KICKCHICK says:
"we need to feel safe again and continue our travel otherwise all those red, white, and blue flags we are flying might as well be white!"

good point and well said.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: