Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

kataman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: karate shotokan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: black belt kids Reply with quote

what would you find is a good age to be black belt.

Sasori_Te
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Kempo and Kobudo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never think of awarding a full black belt to anyone under 16 years of age. Since I don't start teaching the full range of techniques until age 14 this isn't a problem for me since it would take an absolute minimum of 3 years training to be considered for Shodan.

Also kataman, the study of weapons is called kobudo. Budo is a general term for the way of the warrior. Anyone is welcome to correct me if I'm mistaken.

kataman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: karate shotokan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: black belt kids Reply with quote

SASORI TE thanks for you input that what i belived and by the way you are wright about kobudo,sorry my mistake.

IAMA_chick
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: tae kwon do

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um, you all need to get over the kids as black belts. just because you didn't reach the goal when you were under the age of ten doesn't mean you should respect those who have. i am sick and tired of people whining and crying about this topic. i know 2 blackbelts under the age of ten and they are more mature than some older teenagers that i know. do deal with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My students have to be 16. IMO thats the age you drive then thats the age you wear a black belt. Both are require great responsibility and both are deadly weapons.

wrestlingkaratechamp
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Brown belt shotkan karate/black belt 1st dan BJJ(8 years) high school wrestling champion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good idea G95champ.

$imoń
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate, Judo, Jujutsu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting a black belt should be a bout skill not age, most young people will lack the skill to get one so theres no problem but if they have the skill to get it, respect it because they deserve it
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Tote
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

18 or when they are strong and conditioned enough to hang with the other adult Black Belts in full contact sparing.

Tote
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G95champ wrote:
My students have to be 16. IMO thats the age you drive then thats the age you wear a black belt. Both are require great responsibility and both are deadly weapons.

LMAO. Deadly weapons, what are going to do run around town strangling people with thier Black Belts. I dont think that Martial arts are deadly or even a responsibility to know but that is IMO. But assuming it is, what is the difference if the student has the belt or not? If they still are good enough to be black belts they have that "responsibility" anyway wether or not they have a belt around their waste. If you had a requirment of ability that would be alot better reason IMHO.

Goju1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: IOGKF Goju Ryu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be 18 in a serious style, sports styles, probably doesn't matter. IMHO. G95Champ put it well, there are a certain amount of potentially dangerous teachings at that level, which carry with them a certain amount of responsibility. Also, even a phsically large 16 year old is not as strong as a 'fullgrown man'
Just my 2 cents
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: