Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

KarateKen
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Karate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
KarateKen wrote:
Time to revisit the question of whether or not Bill Belichick returns to the Patriots next season. Patriots are for sure the worst team in the AFC and could be the worst team in the NFL after that 10-7 loss to the Giants. I did not expect much from them this year, picked them last in the division, but no way did I think it would be this bad. Only Carolina has a worse record at 1-10.
I agree, I did not think the Pats would be this bad, either. It will be interesting to see if this is the end of the line for Billicheck, or if the Pats give him as much leash as he's willing to take.

Hard to believe it could get this bad, the team has regressed the last two years, and it is embarrassing now. In 2020 they fell off but that was not a surprise, then they had a better year in 21, making the playoffs with a rookie Mac Jones. However, they have gotten worse and worse since then, and so has the QB. Just three weeks ago I was still a defender of Jones, but not anymore. He makes too many bad throws at key moments in the game leading to interceptions, often when the team is in the red zone. Jones needs to be out of there, maybe he can go somewhere else and save his career, but it is clear the Patriots and Jones need to break up.

One rumor is that Belichick will resign at the end of the season instead of being fired. Also that the LA Chargers, currently 4-7 and last place, will fire their head coach and the Chargers will try to get Belichick. Los Angeles seems like an odd place for Bill, not only is he anti much of what LA is about he has always been a northern and east coast coach. On top of that Bill will be 72 next season. Is a 72-year-old coach going to move to the opposite side of the country to start over with a new franchise? Seems unlikely, though strange things have happened over the years such as Favre to the Vikings.

Like I said that is just a rumor and might have zero truth to it. By the way, the Patriots host the Chargers on Sunday.

KarateKen
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers have fired head coach Frank Reich after only 11 games. Panthers are 1-10, worst record in the league, firing Reich before the end of his first season. Panthers fired their head coach in the middle of the 2022 season also. Seems these coaching firings are coming earlier and earlier. Twenty years ago it was very rare that a coach was fired mid-season but we are seeing it every year now, Reich is already the second coach fired this season.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commanders fired defense coordinator Jack Del Rio and defensive backs coach Brent Vieselmeyer on Friday. All because of the thrashing the Commanders took from the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day...45-10.

Brings to memory of an old adage that gives the utterance to the abbreviations of the NFL seems to take up cudgels for...Not For Long.

GO COWBOYS!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TNF was a nail biting affair between the Seahawks and the Cowboys at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX with the Cowboys winning the battle by a score of 41-35. This was the 14th win in a row for Dallas, who is just four wins away from tying its current franchise record of 18 home victories in row.

A game that saw no punts whatsoever. 19 penalties with a combined 257 penalty yards. They fought tooth and nail the entire game swapping the lead until the Cowboys became victories.

Expert predictions, Cowboys 27 and Seahawks 20, were thrown right out the window with the old. Cowboys haven't trailed behind at home this season until the Seahawks flew into town.

All in all, both teams crossed their T's and dotted their I's up and down the gridiron with a flurry of success. However, some team had to win and some team had to lose, and when Dallas stopped the final 4th down and took over with less than a minute in the game, the game belonged to the victor Cowboys.

Seahawks always make me nervous because they are that good. With the win, the Cowboys added another notch to 9-3, while the Seahawks slipped down to 6-6.

Next for the Cowboys at home is the big rivalry with the 10-1 Eagles...

GO COWBOYS!!

KarateKen
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Patriots were shut out again today, this time against the lowly Chargers. Their offense might be the worst I have ever seen in over 30 years of watching the NFL. I am not kidding. It is that bad.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another loss for KC tonight in Green Bay, and it's looking more and more like the playoffs won't run through KC this year.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
Another loss for KC tonight in Green Bay, and it's looking more and more like the playoffs won't run through KC this year.

That, well, really sucks because the Chiefs have the makings all around to go all the way.

KarateKen
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:

They are still one of the top teams in the league and have the best player in the NFL right now. After hosting the AFCCG for the last five years in a row maybe they have to win one on the road this year, either way they still have as good a chance as anyone.

Here is how tough it is to win in the NFL, there are only four players, all quarterbacks, who have won at least two Super Bowl rings and at least two NFL MVP awards. Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, and Patrick Mahomes. That's it. Meanwhile there have been 12 people that have walked on the moon. That means, mathematically, that you are three times more likely to walk on the freaking moon than win two Super Bowls and two NFL MVP's. That is how tough it is to stay on top in the NFL!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarateKen wrote:
bushido_man96 wrote:

They are still one of the top teams in the league and have the best player in the NFL right now. After hosting the AFCCG for the last five years in a row maybe they have to win one on the road this year, either way they still have as good a chance as anyone.

Here is how tough it is to win in the NFL, there are only four players, all quarterbacks, who have won at least two Super Bowl rings and at least two NFL MVP awards. Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, and Patrick Mahomes. That's it. Meanwhile there have been 12 people that have walked on the moon. That means, mathematically, that you are three times more likely to walk on the freaking moon than win two Super Bowls and two NFL MVP's. That is how tough it is to stay on top in the NFL!
That's definitely a different way to look at it! I'm still hopeful that when they come down the stretch, KC will string it all together for another Super Bowl run. The rookie Rashee Rice is really starting to look good, and is getting more and more involved in the offense. I'm looking for good things from him over the next few weeks.

KC has a tough matchup with a down but definitely not out Buffalo Bills team. A win against them is another important tie-breaker game, should the Bills get hot and make a playoff run.

KarateKen
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriots' offense looked good in the first half putting up 21 points and held on to beat the Steelers 21-18. Bill Belichick collects win number 301. The Patriots had scored a total of 13 points in the three previous games combined.

This is a tough loss for Pittsburgh who is trying to make the playoffs, if they do not make it, I think they look back and this Patriots game as a big missed opportunity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 89 of 102
Jump to: