Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Healthy Lifestyle?! Reply with quote

What's your definition of HEALTHY LIFESTYLE??

This answer is more than likely to come from a doctor and the like. I'm the furthest thing from a doctor, and nor do I want to appear like I know the exact answer.

The words Healthy Lifestyle, for me, is quite an confusing term beyond its reflections off the two words...Healthy and Lifestyle!! So, just exactly...what does it mean to live a Healthy Lifestyle??

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really a three-fold thing, I think. One is physical. Train your body and keep it in shape as best you can. One is mental. Keep your mind sharp, and train it as often as you can, too. Try to learn new things. One is spiritual. Live right, be a good person, help others out, etc.

Work on those three things every day, and you will be heading in the right direction.

Kyonovice
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think (and this is purely personal) that looking after all that we intake leads to a healthy lifestyle.
By this I mean not only looking after what we eat and drink, but also what we allow into our minds by way of newspaper reports etc etc.
It's about balance, so having a healthy, balanced diet with the occasional "glitch" is fine otherwise (personally) I get bored of the diet. The same works with regards to information I take onboard, reading trash all the time (tabloids in the UK) isn't healty, balancing the intake of news is essential so as not to live in total fear of the "streets" etc

mazzybear
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Wado Kai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me a healthy lifestyle put simply is, eating well and being active. Fueling your body correctly with good foods will give you what you need to keep active. In turn keeping active/working out/taking class will release endorphins that can help in keeping your mental health in check. Like I said, that's my view in a very simplistic way.

I also like what Brian said in regards to spirituality, if you do good, you feel good, which again, has to be good for your mental health. Put all these elements into a mixing bowl and, you have the makings of "a healthy lifestyle"

Mo.

Spartacus Maximus
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin ryu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shortest and simplest definition of a healthy lifestyle is one that is free of excesses. Anything in excess will cause a whole mess of problems and negatively affect one's physical and mental health one way or another.

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
Its really a three-fold thing, I think. One is physical. Train your body and keep it in shape as best you can. One is mental. Keep your mind sharp, and train it as often as you can, too. Try to learn new things. One is spiritual. Live right, be a good person, help others out, etc.

Work on those three things every day, and you will be heading in the right direction.

I like this. Especially taking into consideration mental and spiritual health as I think this is often overlooked.

For me, everything in moderation. Eat well and clean but don't be afraid to occasionally treat yourself.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A person cannot have a healthy lifestyle if they smoke cigarettes.

To quit smoking for those that do, will be the most significant gift and the most worth while thing you will ever do for yourself, especially for your health.

Congratulations to all of those that have quit smoking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: