Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i know, his voice really does your head in, and with him starring in a movie, bloody hell i dont think i could watch the film ,
-ad

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: kickboxing, muay thai, tennis, lots more.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you know Lennox hes professional and he would have the power over a guy like Prince Nazeem But if someone his size and height and strongness and toughness that came into boxing. That had a chance to beat him but like that could happen soon someone better and the what would happen.
amkes me wonder

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2002 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah like mike tyson or hasim rahman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power = strength * speed isn't quite accurate.

Here is the correct equation
Power = mass * speed

To move mass, one must have some strength and one must also have proper body mechanics. I've seen plenty of super-fast guys that couldn't knock out an infant. I've seen plenty of strong guys that punch a time-card. Strength has a little to do with power, but I don't even try to rely on it. I work on proper body-mechanics.

The Thai kick is the laziest kick in the martial arts world, it involves very little muscle. We utilize body mechanics to move our mass into the kick at a fast rate. That's why the kick is so powerful and can be delivered over and over again.

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for real thaiboxerken, i thought that pervious equation wasnt fully self-explaminatory, but this makes more sense , the thai kick seems to be a fast kick,
i personally think the spinning back fist or back fist , is the fastest move using hands, since it is so fast and utilises not much muscle, but then again the lack of muscle reduce alot of power, punches such as the rear uppercut utilise the whole body in effect and would be more powerful, if you could perhaps make the uppercut a more faster attack, then the results im sure would be devastating
-ad

Piastre
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's important to differentiate between "strength" and "power"
As stated, power is the rate at which mechanical work is performed. This is dependent on both force (mass x acceleration) and velocity. The best way to achieve both is with correct technique. Being a physicist/mechanical engineer, I could go into much greater detail, but it's really boring!

ramcalgary
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lewis is canadian he is a citizen......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

TKD_McGee
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A person who is strong has more muscle mass therefore he couldn't move as fast in theory.. (Like a big WWF guy)

Some people are incredibully muscle bound, and if you were to punch them you would break your arms... Muscle mass has a lot to do with it I think...

Piastre
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest anyone interested in the physics of a strike familiarise themselves with the concept of impulse.

g
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing that gives a punch power is the fact that it moves through the object and for this u need muscle
i think there is a basic amount of muscles needed then worry about tecnique then speed
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: