Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MY VERY LAST TREATMENT SHOT!!

Yes, December 26, 2023 at 1:30pm was my very last treatment shot!!

My wife, Linda, was there with me on August 28, 2020, whenever I was given my very first treatment shot, and my wife, Linda was with me on December 26, 2023, when I was given my very last treatment shot!!

Linda and I were moved to a private room to administer my last treatment shot. The treatment room is where my treatment shot is administered, and because the treatment room is prohibited except for the patient, hence why we're moved to a private room. Once inside this private room so my wife could watch me receiving my last treatment shot, ice pack was placed on my left triceps to numb the injection area. The technician mixes the two-components of Elligard 30mg. They, comes the shot, and even though the ice does numb the injection area, the last 5-10 seconds really HURT LIKE A SON-OF-A-GUN and that area is on FIRE!! Fire and pain don't go away for nearly 30 minutes, so Linda and I wait in that room before trying to leave and drive a car home.

I won't miss that part of the treatment shot at all...I guarantee.

The battle has been a 3-year fight, and the fight is NOT over yet. My stage 4 prostate cancer is in COMPLETE REMISSION and there's no cancer anywhere where there once was!!

Dr. Goodman, my Oncologist, has told me that he will keep an eye on my PSA closely. He doesn't want to see my PSA go over 2.0. It's normal for the PSA is raise slightly after the last treatment shot.

As far as the side-effects that I suffer from my treatment shots these past 3 years and 4 months, they're expect to diminish slowly during the next 6 to 9 months.

Praise God!!

My next follow-up appointment with Dr. Goodman is March 11, 2024 at 11:45am. Of course, blood work 1 week prior.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome, Bob. Hope you can get some peace from now to March and that it allows you to focus a bit on the diabetes stuff.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
That's awesome, Bob. Hope you can get some peace from now to March and that it allows you to focus a bit on the diabetes stuff.

Patrick

Thank you so very much, Patrick. I'm slowly learning about what it is to have and live with being a diabetic. Hardest thing is trying to figure out how to lose weight being nearly non-ambulatory. I've not figured that part out yet...but I will.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great to hear, Bob. You've been hanging in there for so long, and you deserve this!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
This is great to hear, Bob. You've been hanging in there for so long, and you deserve this!

Thank you so very much, Brian!! A lot of roads behind me and hopefully there's many more roads before me despite my current health situations.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Rage, RAGE! Rage against the dying of the light! Do not go gentle into that good night!"

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
"Rage, RAGE! Rage against the dying of the light! Do not go gentle into that good night!"

One of the most powerful poems that I hold very near to my heart and do not take it lightly.

7 times down, 8 times up!! I will fight to my last breath. I will not go quietly into the night. I will not vanish without a fight. I'm going to live on. I'm going to survive.

One day my chair at the table will be empty...but not yet!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had my follow-up appointment with my Oncologist, Dr. Goodman, at 11:45am.

Results:

*My Cancer is STILL in complete remission.
*My PSA is at 0.02. Dr. Goodman doesn't expect that to go any higher than 2.0, if ever. I'm starting to notice my body hair is slowly growing back. For these 3 years of treatment, my body has resembled that of a Sphynx cat.
*Dr. Goodman still wants to see me every 3 months, with bloodwork a week before each appointment. Next appointment will be somewhere in June.
*Informed Dr. Goodman that my last bloodwork for my PCP doctor, Dr. Budde, that I creeped into Type 2 diabetic, and that I'm now taking Rybelsus. Dr. Goodman said that was to be expected because of the treatment I've been receiving.
*Dr. Goodman STILL wants me to get the weight off and he suggests that I do a lot of swimming at the gym due to my current immobility status. I'm on a very strict Type 2 diabetic meal plan, and DO NOT cheat.
*Found out that my T12 AND L4 are NOT the reasons for my immobility because the cancer NEVER went into my spinal cord, just into the tissue in those areas. My immobility is due to being weak from all of the treatments; Eligard shots and radiation, ARE what has caused my muscles to become so very weak. Still, my doctors have listed me as a high risk of falling.

Time to change or die!! I choose to CHANGE because my life depends on it.

Last edited by sensei8 on Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, Bob. I understand it is a mixed bag, but glad to hear the general positive news regarding your cancer!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28
Jump to: