Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Johnlogic121
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Montgomery Style Karate, Ninjutsu, Isshinryu, Judo, Mang Chaun Kung Fu, Kempo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Self-Defense against Rape Reply with quote

I'm curious as to the forums feelings regarding Self-defense against rape. I think the "Internal" area is the best place to pose my question because I'm asking for a philosophical point of view. In your opinion, is the victim of a sexual assault justified in using lethal force to try to stop the commission of the crime? Some people feel that rape attempts require maximum power of technique and physical force, while others believe that you should only use 10% more force than your attacker is using and let that person escalate. Please if someone could speak to the legalities of these types of scenarios I think that would greatly enhance the discussion. I believe this is an area that should be brought up periodically so that people can decide ahead of time how violently they would fight to repel an attack. If you murdered a potential rapist, wouldn't that in itself be traumatizing for the average person? I thank everybody in advance for their opinion. Take care and good luck out there.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that if someone is being raped, then they have the right to defend in any way necessary, and I believe that in most states it the use of deadly force is applicable in rape cases.

I think that if one is threatened with rape, then it is necessary to defend from such an assault in any way necessary.

ying&yang
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: JKD , and 15 others

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i agree 100% , if raped or being raped you should apply as much damage to the rapist as possible.

Kieran-Lilith
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Eugue Ryu, Iaido, Aikido

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my knowledge, rape qualifies the same as "deadly force", like a gun or a knife. Therefore, if someone is raping you, you have the right to kill them, and quite frankly, I'm glad.

glockmeister
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Haganah, Krav Maga, JKD, Kickboxing,BJJ, Judo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Self-Defense against Rape Reply with quote

Johnlogic121 wrote:
Some people feel that rape attempts require maximum power of technique and physical force, while others believe that you should only use 10% more force than your attacker is using and let that person escalate.

I think it would be quite difficult for a person being victimized by a rapist to try and figure out in her head where that 10% lies.
As far as I know. Rape constitutes the use of deadly force.

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

Senseimurphy
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Goshin-Ryu and other Okinawan styles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess that in most cases the rapist has no reguard for the life of the victom, so why should the victom care about the rapist?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senseimurphy wrote:
I would guess that in most cases the rapist has no reguard for the life of the victom, so why should the victom care about the rapist?
Exactly right.

tallgeese
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Gokei Ryu Kempo Jutsu, MMA, Shootfighting, boxing, kickboxing, JKD, Pekiti Tersia Kali

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We go to the "force likely to cause death or great bodily harm" here. Sexual assult can indeed be the cause of great bodily harm. Therefore, deadly force is in play.

Tiger1962
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Former SBD; interest in all training styles.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Self-Defense against Rape Reply with quote

Johnlogic121 wrote:
I'm curious as to the forums feelings regarding Self-defense against rape. I think the "Internal" area is the best place to pose my question because I'm asking for a philosophical point of view. In your opinion, is the victim of a sexual assault justified in using lethal force to try to stop the commission of the crime? Some people feel that rape attempts require maximum power of technique and physical force, while others believe that you should only use 10% more force than your attacker is using and let that person escalate. Please if someone could speak to the legalities of these types of scenarios I think that would greatly enhance the discussion. I believe this is an area that should be brought up periodically so that people can decide ahead of time how violently they would fight to repel an attack. If you murdered a potential rapist, wouldn't that in itself be traumatizing for the average person? I thank everybody in advance for their opinion. Take care and good luck out there.

Yes, it would certainly be traumatizing to murder in self defense, but if the alternative is the victim dying, (and if I was the victim), I'd rather sign up for therapy sessions to get over it rather than succumb and only "hope" that the attacker lets me live after the rape attack.

tori
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: shotokan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was being sexually assaulted by someone ( I pray that it never happens), I would do everything possible to get away from the situation. Im fighting for my life here. If it means that in the process of my self defense he dies, then so be it. Just the thought of something like this happening makes my stomach ache. It is why I train so hard, so I can save my life someday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: