Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone here ever broken any bones or acquired any serious injuries from performing MA? How much force did it actually take?

I have been very lucky!
I was injured only once during a spar. Me (130 lbs) He (220)
He sidekicked me in the ribs. (just bruised fortunately) But wind was knocked out of me...I don't care how loud you kiap, 220 lbs and a size 12 foot totally blows that method.
Also found that I was 2 months pregnant when this happened. Everything was fine...he's a normal 7 year old now pursuiing his purple belt in TKD!

Deby

This Message was edited by: KickChick on Aug 17, 2001 5:42am

moobrack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself havn't acquired an injury from martial arts but I have given my bro a broken knuckle.He went to punch me and I did the same and our fists collided.I didn't feel a thing and my brother was in complete agony.
oh well accidents happen

www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh the injury bug.......... i've had a few during the years, but none i haven't recovered from...........a word of advice....take care of your spine and knees.....old yoga saying."your as young as your spine"...

just for fun..........i'm sure ANGUS will have a list......just wait.(lol)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

niel0092
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Kali, TKD, judo (formerly)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myself, no injuries so far. I've seen two bad ones happen though. 1)Back kick to the FACE! resulted in microfractures to the ocipital bone. Steel plate required. 2) Another kick to the face (different person). Axe kick at TKD nationals. Broke the guys nose.

It doesn't take as much oomph as you think it would to seriously hurt someone with a pushing type of kick. Save these tech's for body shots or the street.

KUGB_Chris1985
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only had my nose broken 3 times.
and I usually have brused ribs when i come to school, just ask TS757!!!

Oss!
Chris Pullan.
1st Dan Shotokan Karate. (KUGB)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I haven't really performed any MA... no.

The most serious injury I have ever had was when I ran into a wall and split my head open when I was like 3 or so.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ts757
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true, he's a walking cripple. His nose has been broken so many times he can take it off and travel with it in his pocket...

The only injury i've sustained (that's worth mentioning) is my shoulder. It was yanked round with a fair bit of speed. It's been a year now and i'm just getting back to training normally.

So now i'm going to donn my gangster hat and cap the thug who did it.

karateronin
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ts757 you might one day be able to get the nasty black belt that did that to you IF YOU BOTHER TO TURN UP YO CLASS

Steve Leak

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch ......now that hurt...better put ice on that TS757. (lol)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ts757
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
IF YOU BOTHER TO TURN UP YO CLASS

If I had been training normally, then my injury would have most likey worsened to the point where it would have a) required hospital treatment b) been damaged to such a level where it would have prevented karate training all together.

Considering the circumstances, I think I kept training adequately so as not to get too out of practise. Also, you have to consider that I've just done my GCSE's which lasted several weeks, and I needed the time for revision -- noting that i did go on fridays during that period.

Also, the comment : "So now i'm going to donn my gangster hat and cap the thug who did it." was a JOKE. I have no intention of getting revenge on the "nasty black belt" as I relise that he was excerising his method of training. It is unfortunate that he decided to practise it using a dangerous technique.

So now, If you dont mind, I'm going to donn my clown hat and smile rediculously at the neighbours .
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: