Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of change, starts the burnout!! If I teach one rank, and only that rank, the stale of it begins to grow. Teaching black belts to long...I want to teach kyu ranks...teach kyu ranks to long...I want to teach black belts; to much of a good thing spoils the bunch.

When I say too long, I'm referring to 3 months at a minimum.

As the CI, I've the right to teach all ranks, and I do. Yet, I'll spend time with certain ranks because I see they need my undivided attention. Yes, it's possible that my burnouts are self induced...that's fair...but I don't go into that with that on my mind...I want to help my students improve their MA betterment.

Spartacus Maximus
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin ryu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing schools or adding anonther system would just increase the activity and would be more difficult to manage. Loyalty and dedication to one instructor for years also goes against this. Training is mostly away from the dojo at home except for one, sometimes two 2hour private sessions at the dojo.

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your over training, be it at home or at the Dojo, you could be burning yourself out. Anything is possible.

Maybe cut down the hours or take a week off to recharge yourself. Try changing things up and see if that improves anything.

As a youth I could literally train for every waking moment. However the older I get the less my body will allow me to train. My mind wants to go all day but if I don't listen to my body I have burned out on occasion. Maybe your over doing it. Maybe other factors and your training in combination are burning you out.

Or as others have said maybe it has nothing to do with training. Maybe work stress, family, time constraints, diet, lack of sleep/ rest, etc, etc.

Try changing things up or taking a little down time and see if things improve. Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: