Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Submit New Posts to KarateForums.com via Postal Mail [:)] Reply with quote

Edit: This was part of an April Fools' Day joke.

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

The internet has made it easy for people to have a voice and to receive instant gratification. This is both good and bad. It's good because we can connect to people quicker and share our thoughts without delay. We can buy a song and download it less than a minute after we decided we wanted it.

On the other hand, it can lead to a shallower appreciation of what we have. And without a delay in sharing our thoughts, we sometimes share thoughts that aren't fully formed or considered. Because of this, there is a movement back to mediums of the past.

My friend Chrispian loves to write in paper notebooks like Field Notes (I myself use a paper planner). Vinyl record sales have increased steadily over the last several years. Discerning consumers are looking offline to cultivate their passions and engage in deeper thinking.

Similarly, we have always encouraged high quality contributions here at KarateForums.com. In line with this, for the discerning KarateForums.com members, we will now be accepting handwritten submissions to KarateForums.com via postal mail. We have created a form that you can print and fill in, while taking your time. Once you are done, mail it to us and we'll publish it online.

Download the form here: http://www.karateforums.com/documents/kfsubmissionform.pdf

You can still submit posts online, but I look forward to receiving some excellent, well thought out posts via postal mail.

Thank you for reading.

Sincerely,

Patrick

Last edited by Patrick on Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully, it'll work out. Seems a slow way to submit, but I'm willing!!

wagnerk
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: TSD, Karate & Kickboxing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already bought my airmail stamps.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent my first submission already. "Yes sir, the check is in the mail!"

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: this was an April Fools' Day joke.

More info here: http://www.karateforums.com/april-fools-day-update-submit-new-posts-via-postal-mail-vt46545.html

Thanks,

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: