Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sox's won the last game of the doubleheader with the Yanks, and now both the Sox's and the Yanks are TIED....boo hoo! It's down to todays final game. Tampa Bay VS the Royals; I'm afraid that's a no brainer...Tampa will win that one. So, the only thing I can hope for is that the Yanks BEAT the Sox's for the division tie, but, I don't like our chances to beat the Sox's because...

NYY: D. Moseley (4-3, 4.77)
BOS: J. Lackey (13-11, 4.47)

That's why!!

And the Tampa VS Royals...

TB: W. Davis (12-10, 4.14)
KC: S. O'Sullivan (4-6, 5.91)

That's why!!

A division tie would not be good for the Yanks. Why? By splitting Saturday’s doubleheader against the Red Sox, the Yankees (95-66) are no longer in control of their own fate in the East. New York is tied atop the division with Tampa Bay, and needs to beat Boston (88-73) on Sunday and have the Rays lose in Kansas City to win the East.

If the Yankees and Tampa Bay finish the season in a tie, the Rays will be the division winner because they won the head-to-head season series 10-8, while New York would get the wild card. The team left with the wild card opens the playoffs Wednesday in Minnesota. The division winner hosts Texas on Wednesday.

The Twins will give us a run for the money, but, imho, the Ranger VS Yankees...Yankees would easily win the series against the playoff choking Rangers, imho!!

TODAY IS GOING TO BE A NAIL BITER ALL THE WAY!!!

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankee lost the season's final game against the Red Sox: 8-4.

This means that the Yankee's are in the wild card and their first playoff game will be against the Twins. I had hoped that the Yanks would've won the division so that they'd play the Rangers, but, oh well.

BTW, I'm not overly fond of the Red Sox's in the least!

GO YANKEES!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yankees dominated the Twins to advance to the ALCS against.....that's not been determined as of yet because the Rangers are leading their series with the Rays by 2-1 with a game 3 today.

YANKEES WIN TO ADVANCE TO THE ALCS!!

GO YANKEES!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phillies advance to the NLCS for the 3rd straight year. Go Phils!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who will face the Yankees in the ALCS? Rays? Rangers? Well, we'll find out soon enough!!

GO YANKEES!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about them Rangers? Rangers beat the Rays 5-1, and now the Rangers will face the Yankees in the ALCS.

I'm only concerned with Cliff Lee; he's dangerious! But...the Yankees will win the ALCS and effortlessly walk into the World Series, and whomever the Yankees have to face in the World Series will only mean one thing for the Yankees....YANKEE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS...AGAIN!!

GO YANKEES!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it will be effortless, to be sure.

The Rangers really laid an egg in game 1. They knock out Sabathia in 4, have a 5-1 lead with someone not named Cliff Lee as the starter, and then the bullpen blows it. Not a good sign, and not a good start for the Rangers.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points Brian.

Sabathia wasn't his usual self in game #1 of the ALCS, and I was reserved to the fact that the Rangers were going to win their first playoff game at home...against the Yankees, but then the 8th inning smiled favorably upon the Yankees and they showed why in sports, especially in baseball, it's not over until the fat lady sings. Of course we had Mo to save the win for the Yankees.

Now, comes game #2 of the ALCS and the Rangers took command of that entire game. Lewis started the fight and the Ranger bullpen kept swinging and Feliz finished the fight...Feliz threw HEAT; most of his pitches were in the 90's and some were 100 mph...can't hit what you can't see until it's in the catchers mitt.

I'll admit this...these Rangers are much better than the 1996 Rangers when the Yankees took care of them with ease. Therefore, it'll not be that easy for the Yankees.

Game #3 will have Lee for the Rangers and Petite for the Yankees; battle of the Giants.

Oh yeah, speaking of the Giants. I'm not too moved about the NLCS at all, to me the NLCS is like buzzing flys...they're just as annoying as a fly. Whomever wins that series will give the winning team of the ALCS a fight of their life in the World Series.

But right now, the NLCS is a big yawn...to me...for now, I don't care who wins between either of the teams because I'm focusing on the ALCS and the Yankees to win that series. But, it'll be a drag out fight.

GO YANKEES!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW...OUCH...OMG...MOMMY!!

The Rangers AND Cliff Lee dominated the Yankees...No...the Yankees got spanked by the Rangers.

Petite gave up a 2 run homer in the 1st inning, but, after that hiccup, Petite settled down and did his thing very well.

Then...came the top of the 9th inning...one run after another run....for the Rangers...6 runs to be exact...final score...8-0 at Yankee Stadium....MOMMY!!

Cliff Lee was beyond solid...13K's, and gave up ONLY 2 hits...dominated the Yankees? No! Humiliated the Yankees!! I've got a ton of respect for Cliff Lee and the 2010 Rangers. I hate them still, but, I'm on my knees bowing to their abilities. Oh yeah, Josh Hamilton, please quite starting things...yeah...started the 1st inning by going yard for a 2 run bomb, and then he started the 6 run-fest in the 9th inning by a lead-off double. Holy moly batman!

NOW I'M SCARED and a little WORRIED on the posibility of not getting the repeat championship for the Yankees!

2 more games at Yankee Stadium and then we're back to Texas, unless the Rangers continue their hitting dominance....freaks!

AAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!! MOMMY [sucking my thumb]

GO YANKEES!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants are up 2-1 on the Phillies, which surprises me. I felt the Phils had a better advantage, but we'll see yet.

Ranger are looking good again tonight. Molina hit a 3 run blast just now, so Burnett may be finished.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 3 of 30
Jump to: