Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

GS718Trek
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shotokan/Shorin Ryu/Judo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject: Taking supplements (multivitamins etc) Reply with quote

Im an individual who sweats PERFUSLY. I noticed that my mood and mental clarity, when going about my daily routine, gets affected if I do not properly replenish my loss in vital minerals and nutrients. Ill tend to feel anxious or nervous somewhat..

I think its a health risk that is overlooked when training rigerously in any martial art or sport.

Do any of you take supplements specifically for training and what kind?

Zaine
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin Ryu, Shobayashi-Ryu, Shudokan, Long Fist, American Street Karate, Mantis, Schola Saint George (HEMA)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drink a protein shake both for calories and added protein. I have ADHD, and sometimes I forget to eat. I will be hyperfixated on something or in a fugue and then suddenly 8 hours has passed. In general, I prefer to get my macro and micro-nutrients through food, and in the past meal prepping has done well for me because I can plan these macro/micro balances in advance. Multi-vitamins in the past haven't done much for me. Mostly, I just track my calories to make sure that I am eating enough to be healthy. I work out enough that I'm not trying to get in a range, just trying to get over a minimum number.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do whey protein shakes as well, with creatine added in. I don't currently do a multivitamin.

vergil96
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Karate Shotokan, Judo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take vitamin supplements, but it's rather a health issue of mine than something specifically for training. My bowel doesn't properly absorb all nutrients, so I have to supplement. Electrolytes can be helpful after much sweating. As for protein - whey protein, but not always. I love meat and dairy anyway, so there is no point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: