Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you broached the topic with your instructor?

Zaine
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin Ryu, Shobayashi-Ryu, Shudokan, Long Fist, American Street Karate, Mantis, Schola Saint George (HEMA)

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartacus Maximus wrote:
Many thanks to those who have given their opinion and encouragement. Eligibility and recognition mean nothing unless I have explicit approval from my sensei. After all the idea of opening a dojo is first and foremost a way to continue my own training, research and progress. At least at this stage.

I suppose this will probably change later on, but for now following and perpetuating exactly what I am being taught the way I am is what counts most.

I can't wait for the update! I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Spartacus Maximus
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin ryu

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I have been unable to meet my sensei or commute to the dojo because of COVID-related restrictions and my own schedule. This is a matter I would prefer to discuss with him in person, so I have to wait.

I already told him before that teaching and opening a dojo is something I would definitely like to do in response to his hopes that I pass on what he teaches me. Itís just that as much as I did, he probably doesnít expect it to be as soon as it appears it will happen.

There are so many things to think about and plan, but I cannot go ahead without first getting his opinion and approval because at this stage it is still his karate and I donít yet have the experience to really put my touch to it.

I will be sure to post updated whenever I get a new development on this idea. For now all I can say is that before leaving and moving away I will have the chance to have a few months of uninterrupted intensive training, possibly as soon as June or July. If all goes well I might very well start looking for a location from December or January.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: